Detailed incubation records

Date laid is out of the question for these shipped eggs but I will be weighing them as soon as the slow poke mail man gets here.
What is your Hatch Rate with shipped eggs, and what kind are they? I worked for the Postal Service and when things said "Fragile", some employees treated it like a Football. Personally, I would never buy "Shipped Eggs" for that reason. I have driven as far as 200 miles to buy specialty eggs. Now I have enough of my own stock that the need is no longer there.

What is your Hatch Rate with shipped eggs, and what kind are they? I worked for the Postal Service and when things said "Fragile", some employees treated it like a Football. Personally, I would never buy "Shipped Eggs" for that reason. I have driven as far as 200 miles to buy specialty eggs. Now I have enough of my own stock that the need is no longer there.
these are “pansy” coturnix eggs from myshire farm. I have hatched basically my entire flock from them with hatch rates averaging over 60% (barring any incubator malfunction on my end).

So far...I started with 30 eggs.
8 were not fertile.
I've had three early quitters.

19 still rocking.

Back
Top Bottom