Details for the next SAN DIEGO MEET UP Sept. 30, 2012

I'll be there and can bring some chicks some cupcakes. If anyone has special requests on chicks just let me know.

Naked Necks
Black Copper Marans
Blue Copper Marans
Cuckoo Marans
Black/Lavender split Ameraucanas
Blue Ameraucanas
White Silkies
Buff Silkies
Partridge Silkies
Black Sizzles
Wellsummers
Lavender Orpingtons
Buff Brahmas
Exchequer Leghorns
and I'm sure I've missed some
hide.gif

I'm looking to add just ONE more chicken to my flock. I'd really like to one of these (not one of each!):

Barred Rock
Plymouth Rock
Ameraucana other than black or wheaten
Brahma
Red Star
Black Star
or one that lays giant eggs, maybe even double yolkers.

around 4 months old to a year old if anyone has any and can bring it to the meetup. Thanks!
(The only reason I say 4 months is so I can easily incorporate into my flock on layer pellets)

I will bring some foccacia to share. Looking forward to meeting you all as this is my first meet-up.

Does anyone have fresh fertile black copper maran or other dark chocolate colored eggs? These are supposedly the preferred eggs by chefs. I've never seen them in person and would like to try them out. Would like to get a couple dozens. These will be for eating, not hatching.

I will bring some foccacia to share. Looking forward to meeting you all as this is my first meet-up.

Does anyone have fresh fertile black copper maran or other dark chocolate colored eggs? These are supposedly the preferred eggs by chefs. I've never seen them in person and would like to try them out. Would like to get a couple dozens. These will be for eating, not hatching.
Why do you need them to be fertile?

It may be gross to some to read this, but I need them to be fertile so I could make balut from them. If you don't know what balut is, it's partially incubated eggs - considered a delicacy in some culture. My mom wants to try adding balut as a protein source to her diet.

It may be gross to some to read this, but I need them to be fertile so I could make balut from them. If you don't know what balut is, it's partially incubated eggs - considered a delicacy in some culture. My mom wants to try adding balut as a protein source to her diet.
OMG, i didn't know what it was!!!! Seriously, you guys can eat that? an embryo
sickbyc.gif
, sorry i guess I will pass lol.

I'm okay with the balut thing, but why does it have to be a marans? I really don't think there would be a difference in protein in that respect.

I thought Baluts were supposed to be duck eggs.

Typically the age of the egg before it is cooked varies between cultures. In the Philippines, the perfect Balut egg is normally 17 days old, the point where the chick does not have beak, bones or feathers. In Vietnam however, they prefer their Balut eggs to be 19-21 days old, the point at which the bones of the chick will be firm, but they soften considerably when cooked.

At any rate you will have to incubate those eggs till they are about a week away from being hatched.

deb

Back
Top Bottom