Devastated.............. "He was mine as a gift....."

QuinnP

Songster
9 Years
Mar 26, 2010
Oregon
My joy & my light is gone, my Arlo died Saturday morning apparently of a heart defect. I woke up & he was dead beside me, laying on his stuffed duck. I made him a memory book, & I've cried so hard I am exhausted. My Big Fella! He was happy & talking just hours before & I got some cute pictures of him, & then he was dead! My dearest little boy! I could swear I heard him crow this morning, & today I am taking him to the beach for cremation.

Requesting cards from people to put in his memory book, PM me for my address. I cant feel anything right now but pain.

He was not an early riser, anytime before 9 AM & he'd be squeaking & flapping til I put him back to bed. One of his favorite songs was Rockin' Robin. The last thing I sang to him was "A Thing Called Love". He liked the "H-Block Song", & the People's Own MP" even tho my husband thought they were depressing songs, I sang them to Arlo as lullabies & he always went to sleep.

His eyes are closed now, & forever he sleeps

my darling & deeply cherished roo has died of an apparently enlarged heart. I woke up saturday morning he was laying on his stuffed duck, I tried mouth to mouth for 10 minutes but he was gone. He is at the Rainbow Bridge now, & his legs are fixed & straight. Today we will cremate him. I will keep his ducky with me forever as a reminder. He was 14 months old. He was the most beautiful, cherished & spoiled rotten rooster who ever levied. His favorite food was peanut butter suet, mixed with oatmeal. He was happy til the end & loved to be rocked & sang too. he gave kisses, trilled, cooed & chortled thru life.

I'm so sorry.
hugs.gif

I'm devastated. I had to force myself to even get out of bed & eat breakfast..................... I hope he's found a hen to consort with at the Rainbow Bridge. I made a memory book for him. There is a picture of him on my facebook Page

I am sure he found a beautiful hen and he is telling her all about the most wonderful human who loved and cherished him. And of course, introducing her to peanut butter suet mixed with oatmeal.

I think the memory book is a fantastic idea.

hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom