Development of USA Lavender Orpington - Update PICs pg 8

Quote:
So where are the pictures??
lol.png

Congrats HenThymes!
yippiechickie.gif
I think my black orps are going to come back into lay soon too.

This guy apparently doesn't mind the foot of snow we got a couple of days ago (not to mention it's below zero). I found him a few minutes later up to his neck in snow! Not sure why he didn't just follow the path I had shoveled. I chased him back into the coop and locked it up after that incident. He was the only chicken out and about today.
60651_picture_1348.jpg

Quote:
So where are the pictures??
lol.png

O.K., so here is a picture of one of three eggs we have gotten this size in the past few days. Yes I have girl hands but they are not tiny.
cool.png
Didn't get one today but I don't blame them, our high was 28 today with a wind chill of around 20... I wouldn't want to bare my bottom in this weather either..
tongue.png

49849_dsc04382.jpg

Nice egg Hen!!!!!

I was laughing today watching my Orps cruise around the run. They certainly have no trouble standing up to the adult hens!!!! Anyhow, they were walking around and I swear they waddle when they walk! Reminded me of when I was pregnant and waddling.
lau.gif

And my small girl (the previously thought boy) isn't so small anymore. She's not the size of her sister yet, but she's gaining on her FAST!

Just goreous colors!

Mind you, something I didnt like about one of the roo's pics....does he have too many points for his comb? Maybe that is something to clean up after the colors have been true for several generations.

How many points on a comb can an Orp have?

Back
Top Bottom