Development of USA Lavender Orpington - Update PICs pg 8

Oh Joy, I am sorry
hugs.gif
I was under the impression that yours all started from BBS Orps. Please forgive me.

Quote:
No apology necessary because you are correct !!! All my pure English chicks did come from a pure English blue cockerel and pullet. From them, I got two black pullet chicks and a black cockerel chick from them. My plan is to put my black cockerel over the black pullets = pure English black !! I hope that made some sort of sense !!

I do plan on crossing my lavenders with my "bama" black orps just as soon as they are ready. They are already almost 9 months old and nothing yet
barnie.gif
and the boys just don't have "it" down yet.
tongue.png
I think the cross will bring some beautiful inprovements!
love.gif

We also breed beautiful black orps if anyone needs. These are not related to the lavenders and would make an excellent cross with them.

Quote:
Do you by chance have any sources or recommendations for Black Orpington breeders?

Several on here have the 1/2 english type. The UOC secretary has about the best Black orps, or so I am told. A complete breeders listing is available when you join the UOC.

UOC?????

Hinkjc I have 2 Lavender orp cockerals that are coming into maturity and have been unable to find any pullets at this time of year. I am on your Lavender waiting list for spring. I would love to find out if you have any of your beautiful black orps available sooner as i can't wait to start my own Lavender project! Your birds are just stunning both the blacks and the lavenders.

Quote:
My black orps? Yes, they are good broodies. Currently they are not laying as they just finished up their moult. But we will have eggs/chicks in the spring available.

Quote:
My black orps? Yes, they are good broodies. Currently they are not laying as they just finished up their moult. But we will have eggs/chicks in the spring available.

I know your Buffs do. How about your Lavs?

Back
Top Bottom