Dewlap Exhibition Toulouse-Incubation Diary with Pics! Hatch Day!!!

Thanks Miss Lydia, My husband made me an awesome candler out of an underwater LED flashlight. Works like a gem. I will read the link you sent me. Lets hope for babies. Also what is going on with an egg when the yolk is very very dark and sticks to one side of the egg. This is day 6 in the incubator. And not sure how long the egg was laid before I found it. Maybe 7 to 10 days and we are n florida where the temps have been in the mid to high 90's.
Hope

Thanks Miss Lydia, My husband made me an awesome candler out of an underwater LED flashlight. Works like a gem. I will read the link you sent me. Lets hope for babies. Also what is going on with an egg when the yolk is very very dark and sticks to one side of the egg. This is day 6 in the incubator. And not sure how long the egg was laid before I found it. Maybe 7 to 10 days and we are n florida where the temps have been in the mid to high 90's.
Hope
Good going hubby. as for the egg I really don't know and not many here with experience any more, summer is upon us, I'd keep an eye on it though if it goes bad it could blow up and ruin the rest of your eggs. I don't incubate in a bator so other than what I read in here I am pretty clueless.

I hope its okay to post here for goose help! ... i don't know really much about geese or goslings... someone gave me an egg and I hatched it. There was an external pip and no progress for 24 hours so i chose to assist. got the chick out and it layer in the incubator exhausted for a couple hours. It has been about 9 hours and it is still in there not fully dried off yet. It doesn't seem to be able to stand up.. is that normal? one little leg is out to the side... wondering what i should do/is this normal?

Let me know your thoughts?

Thank you!

I hope its okay to post here for goose help! ... i don't know really much about geese or goslings... someone gave me an egg and I hatched it. There was an external pip and no progress for 24 hours so i chose to assist. got the chick out and it layer in the incubator exhausted for a couple hours. It has been about 9 hours and it is still in there not fully dried off yet. It doesn't seem to be able to stand up.. is that normal? one little leg is out to the side... wondering what i should do/is this normal?

Let me know your thoughts?

Thank you!
It may have to have its legs hobbled sounds like one is splayed. do you have any poultry vitamins? you might try giving the lil one some fresh water with some poultry vitamins in it to get it started with they usually don't want to eat for the first 24-36 hrs. so I wouldn't be too concerned with eating.

It does take them longer to get their legs under them after hatch especially if it was a difficult hatch. Not sure what's going on with not drying maybe your humidity is too high in the bator,I don't use bators so I'll see if I can get you so help from those that do, maybe you need to move the little one to a dryer warm hatcher if you have one but lets see if anyone can help first.

Info here on leg problems https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/

Lets see if @casportpony is on yet

Last edited:
He's up and walking now
smile.png
thank you!
Great news!!! Congrats

Back
Top Bottom