Dewlap Exhibition Toulouse-Incubation Diary with Pics! Hatch Day!!!

Hello Peter,
I have 3 Toulouse goose eggs in the incubator at present. It is Day 14 and I am not at all sure about what I am seeing with the candling. Egg 1: Thought it was doing well, saw dark spot, which I don't see anymore. It continues to get darker inside but I don't see clear veins and at the small end I can see large slow moving darkish red globules when I rotate the egg slowly.
Eggs 2 & 3: had lots of doubts since the start; no clear veins but the mass is getting darker inside, they don't look clear all the way through.

Am I just seeing the yolk "cooking"? The air holes continue to look right. Well developed, growing slightly larger...

Thanks for any insight you can offer.

Would love it if you could post some photos of goose egg candling with typical problems (not just clear).

-Mamanpoule

Hello Peter,
I have 3 Toulouse goose eggs in the incubator at present. It is Day 14 and I am not at all sure about what I am seeing with the candling. Egg 1: Thought it was doing well, saw dark spot, which I don't see anymore. It continues to get darker inside but I don't see clear veins and at the small end I can see large slow moving darkish red globules when I rotate the egg slowly.
Eggs 2 & 3: had lots of doubts since the start; no clear veins but the mass is getting darker inside, they don't look clear all the way through.

Am I just seeing the yolk "cooking"? The air holes continue to look right. Well developed, growing slightly larger...

Thanks for any insight you can offer.

Would love it if you could post some photos of goose egg candling with typical problems (not just clear).

-Mamanpoule
We haven't seen Pete this year, and looks like just about everyone is off somewhere else today, I looked on line and found sone links that may help until someone who has more knowledge than me comes in. Hope they help.. http://www.bing.com/search?q=candli...RM=QBLH&cvid=3594ade11f10484faa72451e3c39d675

Thanks so much, Miss Lydia. I actually just stumbled across this old post from Pete :https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...toulouse-incubation-diary-with-pics-hatch-day

which is just what I need! So here's how I think things stand at present:
- 3 eggs at 15 days 2nd candling: 1 clear (opened and relieved to find I was right), 2 developing but can't see veining
- 3 eggs at 6.5 days 1st candling: 2 very good spider veining & nucleus; 1 less well developed, possible blood ring

I've started up a 2nd incubator which is not so good but should be ok for a short period if I get to lockdown with the first batch.

This forum is so excellent; it removes the panic to see that everyone has these doubts and victories.

-Mamanpoule

Thanks so much, Miss Lydia. I actually just stumbled across this old post from Pete :https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...toulouse-incubation-diary-with-pics-hatch-day

which is just what I need! So here's how I think things stand at present:
- 3 eggs at 15 days 2nd candling: 1 clear (opened and relieved to find I was right), 2 developing but can't see veining
- 3 eggs at 6.5 days 1st candling: 2 very good spider veining & nucleus; 1 less well developed, possible blood ring

I've started up a 2nd incubator which is not so good but should be ok for a short period if I get to lockdown with the first batch.

This forum is so excellent; it removes the panic to see that everyone has these doubts and victories.

-Mamanpoule
Please keep us updated on progress.

Even though this was from a year ago, it's still helpful and cute to see the pics and read

Hi Pete, I love reading your threads. have learned so much. I have 9 dewlap eggs in my incubator. 3 have been in for 2 days and the other 6 were put in tonight. Where or how did you get or make your egg candler. I have seen your pics and they are amazing, I can't see much of anything with the one I made. My 2 grays and 3 buffs are from Shelly at Celtic Oaks Farm here in Florida where we live. I love Shell she's the best. Any how, can you help me?
fl.gif

Thanks Hope & Jeff

Back
Top Bottom