Dewlap Exhibition Toulouse-Incubation Diary with Pics! Hatch Day!!!

Congradulations on your second gosling! Try doing a search for Good Friday, found a couple of names in that search, Calvary, Pious, Gozo, Malta, would be a good search to do something may really strike you.

Checked both eggs again this morning, the smaller egg that feels light now has no more change to the aircell, the larger egg of the two has more slant to it and while I was candling I could hear its voice, I put my ear to the shell and could hear the clicking you've mentioned. I candled but can't see any shadows in the Aircell I can see movement along the back of the aircell, still running the Incubator bone dry at 20 percent. By hearing the voice does that mean I have Internal Pipping?

Also what type or brand of Candler are you using? This Flashlight does not show as much in the egg as your Candler you used in the pictures.

I'll wait to see your pictures of assisted hatch. Just really concerned that the other egg I don't see any movement from now may have expired, and totally dread the thought of another Lava Egg.

Victoria

I used to live in Malta when I was a kid, my brother was born over there and my dad was stationed over there with the Marines. I remember when we went to Gozo and on to these like gondola things thru tunnels...I was only about 3 or 4 at the time but I remember it.

Congratulations! I had a dream all my geese hatched last night, Maybe I was really dreaming of yours
wee.gif

I love your idea of Easter names, I suggest Simon for a boy and Sunday for a girl. You could also do Parasha which is a girls name meaning 'born on Good Friday' can't wait to see updated pics!

Pete,
Isis came out last night after some assistance. She was stuck in her position for over 40 hours so I took the top of the egg off and kinda rolled back the outter membrane to the middle of the shell. I placed her on a moist warm washcloth back in the bator and she was out without minutes of doing that. That poor girl was so tired from trying to hatch.

I hope to get home today and find her bouncing around the bator.

DEWLAP UPDATE - HATCH DAY 30
The diary page has been updated with details and pictures of the 2nd goslings birth and the latest pic of them both
cool.png

What a journey it's been for me personally. I knew the outcome may not have been so positive and I risked the fragile embryos when handled for photographing. Its been a risk worth taking
wink.png
I THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INTEREST AND SUPPORT.

Pete
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

Oh and their names are Waldo (from the Disney movie The Aristocrats) and Parasha (thank you Duckles its a lovely name).

Their father is 'Dewlux' our giant Holderead Gander whose on the first picture of the thread. He may look fat but he's certainly been a busy boy
wink.png
Their mother is our 2010 Buff female. As Buff is a sex linked colour gene it means we can use Waldo in our programme to breed Buff males and females. This was my main breeding goal for the year with the Toulouse
wink.png

External pipping on the larger egg started with cracking about 2 hours ago, just looked at your pictures and started removing the shell minutes ago as the gosling voice was getting fainter, I have a question about the one picture, for a correct hatch with the body being how its supposed to be in the shell, and when the head is under the wing are the nostrils of the gosling facing the small end of the egg? Need to know that in order to figure out if the gosling is correctly positioned in the shell, tried looking at your pictures and enlarging them and can't get it enlarged enough to tell, and know that yours was pipped in the small end of the shell, and I've removed the shell partially enough to expose the gosling with its nostrils under the wing in the large end of the egg. like yours is in the one picture.

Victoria

Victoria-the beak is usually tucked under the right wing. The main point is that you candle the egg all over to try and detect any vessels. Work slowly a little at a time. I only created a small opening as a fail-safe in case the yolk wasnt absorbed. That way the gosling could have sat in the bottom half of the shell. I'll be doing diagrams at the weekend and posting to assist you all further
wink.png

With my flashlight and it being curled up in the shell I am not able to see if the yolk is totally absorbed, so need some advice on how to determine that. I know from a search from another site that the woman had Sebastopols she posted a picture of a gosling that didn't have its yolk sack absorbed completely and I'll go to that site to re look over the pictures she posted, as I remember she put the gosling in a zip lock baggie with its head out of the baggie and a wetted paper towel inside touching the yolk sack area and put it back in the incubator and after a certain period of time the gosling did absorb its yolk sack. Right now it looks like a bunch of skin that the gosling had penetrated on its own, and the white flimsy part of the egg, so am guessing the flimsy looking skin area is the membrane.

Victoria

Glad to see your pictures

Back
Top Bottom