Dewlap Exhibition Toulouse-Incubation Diary with Pics! Hatch Day!!!

<3 Congrats on Waldo and Parasha <3

They are very beautiful, and I'm glad hatching out of the small end didn't cause you too much trouble!
Very clean hatch. Lovely! I cannot wait to see more pictures of them...

I need to take more pictures of Balbinka and Brizney today. But I kinda just got out of surgery this morning LOL
They're be my bedside keeping me company and taking turns cuddling with me. I love goslings!

Your Dewlaps are going to grow to be so poofy and huggable! Looks like nice stock you got there.

Great news Pete, love the pics and I'll be keeping an eye out for the new thread.........you can't go now
hit.gif

Congrats to Pete on his pair! Anxious times but a really good read and educational.

I, too, would like to hear about how to determine if yolk sac has been absorbed. My two haven't done anything and I remain a bit concerned about the membranes. One gosling looks very much like Pete's picture before he helped his out of the egg with tough yellowed membrane.

The other egg doesn't have that tough yellow membrane near the shell but inside I can see a whiteish to gel-colored membrane close to the gosling. Both look like they are bum first into where the air cell was, with their noses peeking out. They haven't rotated any.

Update: 3rd egg, which had been very quiet with a smaller aircell, pipped. Not internally but externally -- in the small end of the egg, just like Pete's pair! Visible membrane (under shell) is yellow and has that rubbery quality.

Humidity in incubator is 77% at the moment.

Last edited:
Yeah! Emma!

Good going!

My big egg I peeled out per Petes photos to 1/2 way and got the head out from under the wing, hit a tiny bit of blood and stopped, was able to see down into the remaining part of the shell and yolk sack is not completely absorbed, so have baby and 1/2 egg wrapped in wetted napkins inside a zip lock baggy with head outside propped up on a washcloth inside of the Incubator and will be checking about every couple of hours to see how its progressing with the yolk sack absorption, when I put it in the baggy it had one foot up against the shell where it would be ready to push it, right now its resting and sleeping with its head on the washcloth and should not be able to push the shell off currently, not wanting that off until the yolk sack is absorbed if at all possible. This one is different than the other ones, the bill is almost the color of Petes geese with only a tiny bit of flesh color at the tip of the bill like Pets Geese, so have no idea what its coloration could be for sure, looks mostly grey from what I've saw so far with a little bit of yellow, wings are grey with yellow at the very edges of them. Sure hope it makes it.

Wouldn't have made it this far if I hadn't found this thread when I did, so glad for all the help and wishes for success from everyone.

Victoria

Hi Pete!

My goslings yolk sack is not absorbed, I first put the 1/2 shell and gosling in the baggie wrapped in wet napkins, checked on it in 2 hours and the gosling had pushed the rest of the shell off of itself, the yolk sack was attached to a mass of material still attached to the white lining of the egg, its like the yolk sack bubble then another small bulb attached to that and then the mass of materials, I peeled the shell completely off the white lining and put the gosling back in the baggie with a warm washcloth soaked in water around it and back in the baggie with the head sticking out, checked again in another couple of hours and still the same way, so cut the white lining off the mass, then decided to tie the mass off with sewing thread, and then removed the rest of the mass, after about 10 minutes I had some blood, so took the gosling back out of the baggie and then put Quik Stop on all of the bleeding and got it stopped, put the gosling back in the baggie this time with nothing around the yolk sack and it is currently resting, didn't know if the Quik Stop would work with it being wet, so in the morning I'll recheck the gosling to see if anymore is absorbed.

The small egg I opened tonight also, its been a couple of days since I saw any movement from that egg, this gosling was twisted sideways in the shell around in a circle and was laying in watery blood fully formed, is this what is called Breach?

So sure do hope this gosling I have in the baggie makes it, really don't know what else to do for it, eyes aren't completely open and are like slits right now, any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Need to get off Internet, bad storm here.

Back
Top Bottom