Dewlap Toulouse geese

She is very pretty..she looks like a young Dewlap to me. The other one in the picture seems to have a little dewlap also. Are they from the same hatch?

You have beautiful birds I just checked out your website. I have wanted dewlaps for some time but havent been able to find any close enough. I would love to see pics of your breeding pens.

I honestly am scared of geese, but the Dewlap Toulouse are just too cute to be afraid of...
roll.png

I have a yard, a little less than an acre and i was wondering if that is big enough for 2 Toulouse geese. I have not had chickens in 2 years and miss them very much but i want the geese as a "guard dog" so to speak for the chickens, and to keep the weeds down. I have 2 fenced in areas off the coop that i can open up to one big fenced in area but I am also going to let them free range but i dont want the geese to wonder to far. do you think my yard is to small? or any suggestions?

Everyones geese are just beautiful. I love the dewlaps they look so gentle. Someday soon I hope I can aquire some.
Desiree, I have 4 geese on an acre and they have plenty of room. I let mine out in my back yard sometimes and they stay in a small area. So far they haven't wonder away from the house. I keep a watch on them when they are out of their pen and if don't see one right away I call them and they come out from their hiding place and answer me. They go under the willow tree and sometime I can't see them.

I read you can run up to 10 on 'good pasture ' per acre. That said, if they "eat it down" and you get in a dry spell and don't water or fertilize, you may have to have a 'dry lot' area, or a 'winter pen'. if the ground is real wet, they can cause damage. Right now mine are still in winter day yards (naked of grass) because I reseeded this year and have to wait a bit till they can't pull the roots out....

Last edited:
I had a very nice surprise this morning, I have 3 buff dewlap hatched under mama. Just had to share the news. Here is a pic of 2 of the 3 with mama(the 3rd seen me coming with the camera...LOL he must be camera shy...

Awesome! Congrats on the hatch!! I just hatched 3 buff dewlaps last night/this morning. I've hatched all sorts of ducks, utility toulouse and african dewlaps.... and these buffs are hands down the most precious babies of all!!!!

Dears
Do you still have Toulouse eggs? I would love to get some!!
I'm from Saudi Arabia , and I'm looking for Dewlap Toulouse geese ( grey & buff ) If I can get eggs in the season 15 from each color and how much cost
I can give you my brother USA address for delivery
thanks
you can contact me by email [email protected]

Zakariya

Back
Top Bottom