dewormer- panacur

llandry

Songster
9 Years
May 8, 2012
jersey shore, nj
I need to deworm my girls and can only find valbazen on line. I really didnt want to wait to order it and I have access to other common deworming meds. Would panacur (fenbendazole) work?

Last edited:
Panacur and Safeguard Liquid goat wormer will work well for worming chickens for round worms at 1/2-1 ml orally, then repeat in 10 days. While Valbazen will treat any worm with one dose (and repeat in 10 days,) fenbendazole won't always get the toughest rare worms such as cecal, gapes, or capillaria worm unless you give it for 3-5 days in a row.

Panacur and Safeguard Liquid goat wormer will work well for worming chickens for round worms at 1/2-1 ml orally, then repeat in 10 days. While Valbazen will treat any worm with one dose (and repeat in 10 days,) fenbendazole won't always get the toughest rare worms such as cecal, gapes, or capillaria worm unless you give it for 3-5 days in a row.
How long is egg with drawl after worming?with either of these wormers?

Last edited:
The panacur i have access to at my vet hospital is a powder form. Anyone have any idea as to the concentration (mg/ml) i need to make it up for? If not I'll probably end up ordering valbanzen on line. I just really didn't want to wait for shipping especially if I had something at the hospital that may work.

Fenbendazole dosage is 10-25mg per pound of weight. For the difficult worms I would use 25mg per pound. Give it for 5 days in a row by mouth.

The panacur i have access to at my vet hospital is a powder form. Anyone have any idea as to the concentration (mg/ml) i need to make it up for? If not I'll probably end up ordering valbanzen on line. I just really didn't want to wait for shipping especially if I had something at the hospital that may work.
Don't waste your money on the expensive Panacur powder or liquid, go buy Safeguard liquid for goats, it's less than $25 at Tractor Supply.
big_smile.png
But if the powder is free, and you have access to the liquids to compound your own, I'd make it 100 mg/ml and then give 50mg/kg once and repeat in ten days for roundworms and cecal worms, or five days in a row for capillary worms.

Valbazen (albendazole 113.6mg/ml) dose is 20mg/kg once and repeat in ten days. That's 0.08ml per pound.

All the above would be given orally. Since you work at a vet clinic, why don't you take in a bunch of fresh poop and have a fecal done?

-Kathy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom