Dewormer?

cecehurst

Chirping
Aug 23, 2018
4762CFE4-09BC-4C0F-86F1-9AA17C579DA3.jpeg
what kind of dewormer should I buy for my pet rooster.

Wyorp Rock

🐓 ❤ 🐛
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Sep 20, 2015
Southern N.C. Mountains
He doesn’t have worms but I heard I should be treating him for worms anyways. Is this not true?
It really depends on where you live and if worms are a problem for you. Some people worm their chickens a couple of times a year regardless.

Getting a fecal float is the best way to know if you even have worms to begin with, then treat accordingly.

cecehurst

Chirping
Aug 23, 2018
It really depends on where you live and if worms are a problem for you. Some people worm their chickens a couple of times a year regardless.

Getting a fecal float is the best way to know if you even have worms to begin with, then treat accordingly.
Okay luckily I work at a wildlife center and can check his fecal if I notice anything

cecehurst

Chirping
Aug 23, 2018
What kind of rooster is this?
Where did you get him?
I am not sure what type. He was mauled by a cat when he was maybe a day or two old. I thought he would die but wanted to give him a chance, and he is doing great now. I heard he is a mutt and looks like he a game in him.

roosterhavoc

Enabler
9 Years
Jan 5, 2012
I am not sure what type. He was mauled by a cat when he was maybe a day or two old. I thought he would die but wanted to give him a chance, and he is doing great now. I heard he is a mutt and looks like he a game in him.
If you have any other roosters you may have to separate this one if you plan on keeping him.

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom