Dewormer?

cecehurst

Chirping
Aug 23, 2018
4762CFE4-09BC-4C0F-86F1-9AA17C579DA3.jpeg
what kind of dewormer should I buy for my pet rooster.

He doesn’t have worms but I heard I should be treating him for worms anyways. Is this not true?
It really depends on where you live and if worms are a problem for you. Some people worm their chickens a couple of times a year regardless.

Getting a fecal float is the best way to know if you even have worms to begin with, then treat accordingly.

It really depends on where you live and if worms are a problem for you. Some people worm their chickens a couple of times a year regardless.

Getting a fecal float is the best way to know if you even have worms to begin with, then treat accordingly.
Okay luckily I work at a wildlife center and can check his fecal if I notice anything

What kind of rooster is this?
Where did you get him?
I am not sure what type. He was mauled by a cat when he was maybe a day or two old. I thought he would die but wanted to give him a chance, and he is doing great now. I heard he is a mutt and looks like he a game in him.

I am not sure what type. He was mauled by a cat when he was maybe a day or two old. I thought he would die but wanted to give him a chance, and he is doing great now. I heard he is a mutt and looks like he a game in him.
If you have any other roosters you may have to separate this one if you plan on keeping him.

Back
Top Bottom