Dewormer

shailey

Songster
5 Years
Sep 11, 2017
What would be the best overall dewormer for geese & ducks? I have 5 adult geese and 8 adult ducks that live together and I'd like to get them all wormed, but I'm having trouble finding something that would be safe for them. Any info is appreciated!

Safeguard is a good choice :) You can buy Safeguard liquid goat dewormer. The dose is .23 ml per body of body weight, given directly orally. Then you repeat the dosage once more in ten days.

Out of curiosity, are you just deworming them for a preventative measure, or are a few of them acting lethargic, or have you see actual worms in their stool? I ask, because Geese/ and most other waterfowl seldom are affected by internal parasites, so de-worming is usually not needed, and may let some of the worms build a resistance to the product over time.

Another broad-spectrum wormer is Valbazen, you can dose at 0.08ml per pound orally once, then repeat in ten days.

More of a preventative/just so I know in case it's needed. If the situation does arise and I do need to worm them, I'd just like to know what would be best for them. Thanks for the input as well!

Back
Top Bottom