DH cracks me up!!

KellyHM

Crowing
11 Years
Sep 10, 2008
Lakeland, FL
Our conversation yesterday when I unplugged the bator...
DH: So the bator gets to rest?
Me: Until tomorrow when my other eggs get here.
DH: OTHER eggs???
barnie.gif

Then today after my eggs arrived (40 chicken and 30 quail)...
Me: I think I have too many eggs. I don't know if I can squeeze them all in there.
DH: Why don't you just get another incubator?
Me:
ep.gif
What did you say??? (thinking in my head: you won't have to say it twice and you'll probably be sorry you said it once, but just remember I love you!!!)
jumpy.gif

ETA: We won't talk about what he said when I told him how much my Black Copper Marans eggs were...

Last edited:
Wow.... uh.... can I borrow him? At least until he builds me a bigger coop? Mine would help, I think... You are one lucky lady, now go give the big lug a hug (wink, nudge) before he realizes what he said!
thumbsup.gif

He has NO idea what he's opened the door to! And before he can change his mind I'll have one ordered and on the way. I'm already eyeing one on eBay!

That's great! I have one of those too. He is always wanting to expand and improve the coop and get more chickens. We are even thinking of moving to an area that lets us have 99 chickens.

Even though my guy doesnt totally understand chickens (he is a city boy,lol), he still bought me a second incubator. So I will give him a few points for that,lol.
big_smile.png

I need more land! I have the DH to match, he would have a bator or 5. But what will you do with 40 chickens and 30 quail? I have trouble just keeping track of the Delightful Dozen!

LOL, I'll sell most of them. Out of the batch of 18 that just hatched I only have 5 or 6 that will be staying. I mostly just like hatching. Of course all my BC Marans and a few of the quail out of this batch will stay, but the rest will probably find new homes.

Guess what I bought today? A new incubator!!!
lau.gif

So the moral of the story is don't tell someone they can get another one if you don't want lots of chickies!!!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom