DH cracks me up!!

KellyHM

Crowing
11 Years
Sep 10, 2008
Lakeland, FL
Our conversation yesterday when I unplugged the bator...
DH: So the bator gets to rest?
Me: Until tomorrow when my other eggs get here.
DH: OTHER eggs???

Then today after my eggs arrived (40 chicken and 30 quail)...
Me: I think I have too many eggs. I don't know if I can squeeze them all in there.
DH: Why don't you just get another incubator?
Me:
What did you say??? (thinking in my head: you won't have to say it twice and you'll probably be sorry you said it once, but just remember I love you!!!)

ETA: We won't talk about what he said when I told him how much my Black Copper Marans eggs were...

Last edited:

BFeathered

Songster
11 Years
Aug 29, 2008
North Texas
Wow.... uh.... can I borrow him? At least until he builds me a bigger coop? Mine would help, I think... You are one lucky lady, now go give the big lug a hug (wink, nudge) before he realizes what he said!

KellyHM

Crowing
11 Years
Sep 10, 2008
Lakeland, FL
He has NO idea what he's opened the door to! And before he can change his mind I'll have one ordered and on the way. I'm already eyeing one on eBay!

Barnyard

Addicted to Quack
12 Years
Aug 5, 2007
Southwest Georgia
He sounds like my dh.....
he actually bought my second bator for me....

he know's the way to my heart is through my chicken addiction...

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
That's great! I have one of those too. He is always wanting to expand and improve the coop and get more chickens. We are even thinking of moving to an area that lets us have 99 chickens.

MagsC

Queen Of Clueless
11 Years
Jul 27, 2008
Minnesota
Even though my guy doesnt totally understand chickens (he is a city boy,lol), he still bought me a second incubator. So I will give him a few points for that,lol.

Linda in San Diego

Songster
11 Years
May 11, 2008
San Diego
I need more land! I have the DH to match, he would have a bator or 5. But what will you do with 40 chickens and 30 quail? I have trouble just keeping track of the Delightful Dozen!

KellyHM

Crowing
11 Years
Sep 10, 2008
Lakeland, FL
LOL, I'll sell most of them. Out of the batch of 18 that just hatched I only have 5 or 6 that will be staying. I mostly just like hatching. Of course all my BC Marans and a few of the quail out of this batch will stay, but the rest will probably find new homes.

KellyHM

Crowing
11 Years
Sep 10, 2008
Lakeland, FL
Guess what I bought today? A new incubator!!!

So the moral of the story is don't tell someone they can get another one if you don't want lots of chickies!!!

Top Bottom