DH is being operated on on Tuesday...UPDATE!!! last page

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SpottedCrow, Jul 16, 2008.

1. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

On Tuesday the 22nd, Ernie's getting his hip replaced...he put it off for 4 years because he saw a museum exhibit where it was being done... [​IMG] [​IMG] I am now a nervous wreck... [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have had no premonitions or visions, but I would like my BYC buddies to say some prayers for him...This is only the second time he's ever been in the hospital...The first time it was his tonsils...

He has to be there for 9:30, but the actual operation doesn't start until 11:30. It's supposed to go for a couple of hours. Then he's off to recovery for a couple of hours, then in the late afternoon, I might be able to get in to see him...sigh... [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  2. JessicaGrant

JessicaGrant Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Western Mass
    I'll keep Ernie (and you) in my thoughts and prayers.
    [​IMG]

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Ernie certainly has my best wishes for a speedy recovery... and you do, too, to be able to deal with his surgery and subsequent recovery period. It's hard on both the patient and the family when someone has this type surgery. Hope he sails through it with flying colors!

4. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    Hip replacement surgery has become high tech in recent years. My neighbour got squished by a cow in a chute & had the operation last year. He's out dancing with the ladies on friday nights now, & he's in his 60's.

The MOST important thing is to follow the doc's rehab advice on exercise, and what you can & cannot do till you are healed.

I wish your Hubby a speedy recovery SC.

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh Dear!! I wish you BOTH the best...and hope for a great recovery time.

6. smpezzi

smpezzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    You both are and will be in my thoughts and prayers!

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Prayers to you both!!! I am certain your DH will come out just fine.

8. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    In 9 years of business i have had many customers have that surgery. It is unreal how fast they recover. The modern ways are so amazing. I have a 94 yr old customer who had BOTH replaced in the last 6 yrs and he has not slowed down a bit. He walks himself right into my shop! I'm telling you.......try to relax!!!!! I know it will all be fine!!!!! Best wished to you both [​IMG]

9. cherrychicken

cherrychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    ill pray

10. ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr

ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Saint Cloud Florida
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by