DH just got laid off

Congrats!!!! Hopefully it will be steady!

My DH has been laid off since October. He had a job in Dec but they laid him off 1 week before x-mas. Still no work..

I used to work 5 days...now 3. No work at my bar....no one has $$ to spend. I just sit ther most nights and clean.

Thanks goodness we wont starve........way to many eggs for that! And we started breeding a lot more rabbits for food. Gotta do what you can...

I try to look at it in a positive light. We still have good friends and our sanity! LOL With DH around I have the cleanest yard and no "Honey Do" list.

I thought last Dec there is no way we can stay afloat till Spring, now its spring and all kids and us are still good. Time marches on....
wink.png

I am so happy for you guys!!!!!!
big_smile.png

He started already. His insurance doesn't start until 90 days. We are going to look into COBRA from his old work. He is pretty healthy, but you just never know what might come up.

Quote:
I have only talked to him on the phone since they hired him today. I think that he has a lot of anxiety over it. I think he is happy that he was hired, but he doesn't know yet how he will fit in or like the job.

DH is one of those personalities that never sits down and can't stand to not have something to do. I think he worked just as hard finding a job as he ever did on a job. He was going online and applying for everything he saw. He was also going door to door in the industrial neighborhoods and leaving off his resume and then following up with phone calls. He was applying in person to about 10 companies per day plus doing the online stuff.

He is a bit of a difficult personality because he is a perfectionist. Bosses like that, underlings hate it.

i got laid off in january.. *sigh* its so aweful.. Ive never been one to have to watch my money.. but now im so broke I cant stand it! I lost my house and had to move in with my brother!

Back
Top Bottom