DH retired. Now what???

NoseyChickens

Feathers On The Ground
10 Years
Aug 3, 2009
Southern California
DH retired for the Marines Corps last week after over 20 years of service. Next month we will be celebrating our 20 year wedding anniversary. So many milestones this year! So many possible changes.

He has leave saved up so will be getting paid fully until Oct 1st. So we have time, at least a little bit to figure life out. He is being recruited right and left by Lockhead. They have set up a few interviews so far. Including one that has him traveling all the way out to Pax River, Maryland on their dime. He already went out to Vegas for one that they paid for. While we are open to moving, we wouldn't mind staying put either. The idea of moving any of my animals is really overwhelming! They are also interviewing him for positions here locally. So far no job offer, just interviews. I'm crossing my fingers something will come through soon.

I am going to try and see if i can push though getting NPIP certified so that I can move my breeding stock over state lines. Just in case. I've worked on them for a while now and i really dont want to give them up. So much to think about. So many ideas swimming through my head. I know we will never be able to sell our house out here in the middle of nowhere. So that's a whole other issue. UGH!!!

Congratulations. And I thank your DH for his service and as a Army wife of a retired Army soldier I thank you for your service. It is hard on the spouses and children. Try to have some fun for at least a couple of weeks. And just enjoy it.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom