DH's theory on the two-post auction bandit

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by slackwater, Jul 22, 2010.

1. slackwater

slackwater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    So...I had a two-post newbie member bid on my auction for an incubator and then disappear after winning the bid. No response to PMs or e-mails. After asking what was the customary wait period following the close of the auction, I found several other people who had had this happen as well. [​IMG] So, this evening I was filling my husband in on what I was dubbing the "two-post auction bandit" (because s/he joins, bids/wins & then disappears), and he came up with an ingenious theory. He asked what I had listed - my LG incubator. He thinks that the two-post auction bandit is actually the SO of the high bidder at the time - doing whatever s/he could to undermine the bidder's win of MORE chickens and/or chicken stuff.

He thinks that there is a "BYC underworld" of spouses of chicken-crazy people who are trying to limit the growth of their family's flocks by preventing their spouses from winning more things on BYC. [​IMG]

Then again, this is the guy who, when I informed him that Ideal had the cochins that I was on the waiting list for, so, of course I had to order some, his response was - what is another dozen chickens? [​IMG]

I guess it's a theory, right? [​IMG]

2. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    Quote:He might be on to something.... [​IMG]

3. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

*checks hubby's computer history*

I could see a clever spouse doing this... better hope my FIL doesn't see this topic or he might just find a way to cut MIL's outrageous spending.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by