1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Diarrhea cha cha cha

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by thepone, Apr 23, 2008.

1. thepone

thepone Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2008
    Dolores, Colorado
    Being new to the raisin' baby chicks thing I'm not sure if it's normal that at least one of my 12 2-week old chicks has taken to pooing mud that looks like melted chocolate. The only thing that has changed in the past 24 hrs. was a quick trip outside for 6 of them to peck in the grass and enjoy the beautiful afternoon which may have stressed a few of them out. Any suggestions or comments? Should I be worried?

2. nautical_bouy

nautical_bouy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Beaver PA
    Don't know about the bird, but the Beavis and ButtHead line made me laugh...

3. thepone

Apr 15, 2008
    Dolores, Colorado
    Just saw the 'Weird Pooh' post below - seems like the same thing so I won't worry. Man it's gross though especially since it seems to get spread on EVERYTHING. ugh. Someone definitely needs TP for their bunghole (another Beavis reference for you Nautical Bouy [​IMG] ).

4. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Saw the post title.... and STILL I clicked on it... geesh, what does that say?? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Maybe their little bodies are just struggling a bit with something new... like the first time you give baby a new food. Sometimes all heck can break loose [​IMG]

Hopefully someone will give you a better answer [​IMG]

5. WillsMama93

WillsMama93 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Shreveport, La
    Yeah, and I'll bet you a hundred bucks it doesn't smell like melted chocolate!! I have a very sensitive gag reflex, and a good wif of that stuff makes me gag everytime!!
    It is normal though, as long as that's not the only type of poop they are having. All my girls do it from time to time, and they are 5wks to 1wk old!

Wish I would have thought about the Bevis and Butthead stuff when I was naming my chicks.. I have a perfect little Cornholio!
    [​IMG]

6. thepone

Apr 15, 2008
    Dolores, Colorado
    Cornholio - I LOVE it! If I can figure out the perp, she will be thusly named.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by