Diarrhea, lost weight, weak, wobbly hen

Ok so heres what im trying. Ordered deworming meds even though ive never seen worms in poop. Started her on myconozol today. Ive been feeding her yogurt and coconut oil for 3 days. ACV in water. Crip was empty this morning . I gave her a good soak and here's what I noticed. It feels like there is a very hard egg in her vent. She hasnt laid an egg in 6 months. Could that egg have been in there all this time?

Crop emptying is good. To give the miconazole, I give about 1/2" of cream, some just squirt it directly from the tube into the beak. I usually draw it up into a needless syringe and direct dose it that way. The article below is what I use when treating my hens.

You feel a hard egg in the vent - when you go up or down? Does the egg feel like it's behind tissue/skin?
When she prolapsed, was there damage to the tissue or did it take days for it to heal?

It may be an egg she trying to pass, could be lash material, hard to know. Does she act like she's trying to push?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Back
Top Bottom