Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are a some pictures from the duckling that pipped at the wrong end. He pipped at the same time several others did, but hadn't made any progress by the time the others had fluffed up and were running around, so I helped.

The blue stuff is chlorhexidine.

-Kathy

We just put last months hatchlings in the new grow out arena - 236 chicks
hide.gif

While Mrs Oz was in the States, our new guy Dominic decided to put every egg laid in the incubator.

We have Muscovy, Chicken, Chukar, Quail and Guineas all coming along. He candled and said there are over 200 viable - he is so proud of himself we could hardly get upset with his misunderstanding of instructions. I guess the "I dont care what you do with them" should have included "as long as you dont power up the bator"

Oy Vey.

We just put last months hatchlings in the new grow out arena - 236 chicks
hide.gif

While Mrs Oz was in the States, our new guy Dominic decided to put every egg laid in the incubator.

We have Muscovy, Chicken, Chukar, Quail and Guineas all coming along. He candled and said there are over 200 viable - he is so proud of himself we could hardly get upset with his misunderstanding of instructions. I guess the "I dont care what you do with them" should have included "as long as you dont power up the bator"

Oy Vey.
236! someone better get selling! how are the new guys with marketing?
lau.gif
send them to market with some. how does all that work over there? you need permits to sell live and such?

Here are a some pictures from the duckling that pipped at the wrong end. He pipped at the same time several others did, but hadn't made any progress by the time the others had fluffed up and were running around, so I helped.

The blue stuff is chlorhexidine.

-Kathy
how is she doing? activity wise? it doesnt look too bad. go babies!

Serama (vids are two dif eggs)
Day 19 Draw down, very close internal pipping

again the video/s is really clear and you can see details until I upload.. Is there any other uploading source that does better quality, you tube sucks!

0.jpg

Serama Day 19 drawn down and very close to internal pip if its not already pipped
0.jpg

Last edited:
Day 15 Silkie duck candle of one or two when I dunk and cooled them today.

I WILL NOTE HERE a major incubating issue:
The two eggs #13 & #5 that weigh in says they lost over 15 & 16%.....
I am visually looking at these air cells, and I haven't weighed eggs since I started incubating and my air cells are always larger than what I am seeing at weigh in, I must loose close 16-17% during incubation. I will have to weigh regular eggs and actually see how they weigh as I judge by my eye. I have awesome hatch rates, so PERHAPS, and I said PERHAPS the bigger air cell is a plus, but I am sure there is a fine line here. I am going to continue to treat # 13 & 15 as I would any other egg I hatch, and I think air cells look awesome for now, if I think they are loosing too much visually I will add them to the hatcher and give them some humidity. Cochins and I discussed this weight loss and air cell size on FB recently, we both agree more weight loss than 13% on any egg, except the tiniest like serama. Those do loose quicker than you can visually see. just throwing my thoughts out there since I am weighing this batch and this is such a big difference to me.

0.jpg

No blood spots around the air cell, so far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom