Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first of my staggered hatch has been successful! I had a hatch about 8 days ago, and one finish yesterday. Only set three and all 3 hatched. I have 3 more chicks due for lockdown... Um... On the 6th and so far they look good. Then unless something awesome comes around I am done for a while.

I managed to get a RIR baby. Daddy is either polish guy or Australorp so not pure but it is a beautiful copper color right now.

OK bare with me here!!! Now I don't think the hen is egg bound. I soaked her in warm water 20 mins. Didn't do anything. Then I put on a rubber glove and put baby oil around her butt and in her butt. Yea boy. Never had a finger in a chicken butt before.
hmm.png
roll.png
When I pulled it out she pooped yellow and chucks of green poo. NOW thinking about this, I been feeding them green grass that I have been pulling from the garden! They don't have grit, one because they eat crumbles , well fermented crumbles now and 2 it's so rocky I figured they could get enough small rocks. But maybe not!!! Could that be it. Seems more likely to me. Because I still couldn't feel an egg even with my finger up both her wholes, should say tubes. That just sounds bad, sorry.
hide.gif
I put her in separate cage with electrolyte's in her water and feed. She IS drinking. Maybe I just had to unplug her??? Maybe???

He's cute! (Is it a he? Or is it young still?)

What a beauty! I think you have a female. The cere in a male is blue, but as a baby it is rose or bluish purple ( can you tell I just googled?) Anyway, I think yours is a she lol.

Thanks, guys! Yeah, he's still very much a baby - they're faint, but he still has the juvenile bars all the way to his cere, and he still has those deep dark eyes. I'm 85% sure he is a boy. (I used to breed parrots and finches.) He does have the barest blush of blue coming through on the sides of his cere, and I spent about 45 mins staring into the cage watching and listening. This guy did do the most "budgie boy speaking." Like the sounds they make while practicing human speak. ;)

Improbably wrong, tho, in which case her name will change to Goldberry. :lau

Thanks, guys! Yeah, he's still very much a baby - they're faint, but he still has the juvenile bars all the way to his cere, and he still has those deep dark eyes. I'm 85% sure he is a boy. (I used to breed parrots and finches.) He does have the barest blush of blue coming through on the sides of his cere, and I spent about 45 mins staring into the cage watching and listening. This guy did do the most "budgie boy speaking." Like the sounds they make while practicing human speak.
wink.png

Improbably wrong, tho, in which case her name will change to Goldberry.
lau.gif
Well, there is a good reason for my user name, so I am probably wrong, not you. I had a budgie for years called Budah. I was certain it was a boy from when I first got the bird. It was about 7 years old, and someone commented on what a beautiful hen she was. I said, no, he is male. This person was a very experienced breeder. I felt very silly.

WOW I better get reading!!!

This was my bator early this AM, looks like I was very wrong, everyone made a break for it over night!
all out!
3 Brahma 1 Serama and 6 CCL but WHY IS ONE YELLOW???????????????????????????
hu.gif
I NEED HELP FIGURING this one out please>?>>> NEVERMIND!!! HER BIRDS CARRY THE RECESIVE WHITE GENE!!! HOW AWESOME IS THAT!! IT WILL BE A PURE WHITE LEGBAR THAT LAYS A BLUE EGG!! HNEY DANCE!

Last edited:
Sorry, but I thought I actually got some cool pics this morning of the 3 1/2 month old's. Give or take. I have them written down. Can't keep up with them all.
wink.png

Tony! I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That color RIR is AFREAKINMAZING!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom