Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baby had her chicks out this morning. Five more eggs went under the next broody. She growled at me the whole time.
lau.gif
Looks like she is going to be a heck of a Momma!
She is 2 weeks behind the first, so the new eggs will start hatching under her, and whatever doesn't before she gets up will go in the incubator.

Baby had her chicks out this morning. Five more eggs went under the next broody. She growled at me the whole time.
lau.gif
Looks like she is going to be a heck of a Momma!
She is 2 weeks behind the first, so the new eggs will start hatching under her, and whatever doesn't before she gets up will go in the incubator.
yesss.gif
lau.gif

I honestly don't think this error is my service, everytime I hit the upload image it brings up the screen to upload and sticks on that screen until I have to refresh and I loose everything I type! I am getting frustrated!

I will post and copy from CL

3M53Ld3H75L15r95q5d663cfbfa6b191d122b.jpg

I was sad to see the 3 Turkey go today, but happy they will go to a farm! They gave us such a hissing flighty messy muddy run in the rain to catch them I am sorta glad to see them go in a way though as well! brats! BY Christmas Thanksgiving and Easter! it was fun but until I have a farm I wont have turkey!

What causes a perfectly set perfectly turned egg to pip the wrong end? I was waiting for internal pips to lockdown. Didn't have any last night and had one this morning. Picked up #3 and it was very largely external pipped but in the wrong end. Its peeping and rolling in there so hopefully its ok, but I'm feeling like I should have locked down sooner for it. I've been running pretty dry about 28%. I cranked it up as soon as I noticed pips this morning. Just curious. And I wonder if there is anything to do but let it be... AND not only did it pip the bottom of the egg, it also pipped the underside. So upside down And backwards!

I hope you had a wonderful week!!!

I wouldn't turn it, its the first 10-12 days that's most important, not sure what other questions you have?  air cell growth is still all different? this is common with shipped eggs, you will have to do your best to get the majority where it needs to be.

Hey sally!
Actually I am a bit concerned about the air cell as it seems a little small. These aren't shipped eggs I got them from a friend who bought our turkeys off us 2 years ago. I'm so excited to have turkeys again. And double the excitement not knowing what day this one will hatch!!

well..my lil black silkie died tonight. :( everyone seemed fine till this morning.. he was "off" acting. tried the electrolyte water and nothing seemed to help! poor baby! and my broody that had 2 pipped eggs... well neither one of those made it either! not sure what happened there. poor screech! she really wants to be a mama! i did have 2 others under a broody that are doing great so some good news...
So sorry to hear that we are a silkie house too :0(

LMAO my son is here for a visit and said.... "he is in Philippines? put a layer of rice in the bottom of it DOH Mom"
smack.gif
tip to everyone with little kids DO NOT LET THEM GROW UP!
I'm trying to not let him grow up up but my 10 year old 5' son just keeps growing!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

I thought this was cute above.

Notice my avatar is finally personalized? I'm in child protective services so my avatar cartoon struck a cord with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom