Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
:-D you're making me feel better about this. I'm trying to not worry too much but I'm trying to get as much info and advice as I can while we set up. My incubator is trying to tell me to just leave it at 55 but like you're saying 35 and I think that sounds more appropriate based on infirmation Intake. I guess I will just keep it as best I can at least not jumping all over and weigh them... Now to find my egg scale...

I was thinking about getting some duckeggs shipped, to hatch, but I'm not sure if I should, asthe hatch rate is always low? But there as I live in Northern Ireland (UK) there army any hatcheries near by, so I don't know what to do? I don't want to waste my money!Can anybody help

I was thinking about getting some duckeggs shipped, to hatch, but I'm not sure if I should, asthe hatch rate is always low? But there as I live in Northern Ireland (UK) there army any hatcheries near by, so I don't know what to do? I don't want to waste my money!Can anybody help
dont hatch for economic reasons

hatch for emotional

I know, but the last time I got shipped eggs about only 1/4 of them hatched, and I don't want to go throw that again

Hi! My name is Mischelle and I have been bitten by the hatching bug. Up to now I really had no desire to incubate eggs, but I lost my young Blue Salmon Faverolles rooster to a hawk this winter. He was so beautiful and such a dear so I saved eggs for a week and bought a Farm Innovators incubator and turner. The first hatch went so well! Out of 19 eggs, 15 were fertile (someone wasn't puttin' out!) and 13 hatched (9 are cockerels so we'll be stocking the freezer in six months). I'm now working on my second batch from shipped eggs - some from far away California and others from New Jersey, just a few hours away. Day 10 and they all look great-100% fertile starters, although I have a couple of wonky air cells. My research on air cells led me here. I'm looking forward to reading the entire thread over the next I-don't-know-how-long, so just commenting to subscribe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom