Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are they looking now? Nearly lockdown :D

All the shipped eggs I started with are developing nicely. Just water candled the ones with bad air cells prior to lockdown and they wobbled like bobbleheads! They're doing great! I traced the air cells with a pencil to make sure they pip in the right spot and will keep an eye on them. I'm hoping to see some pipping action tomorrow. My husband is jealous cause he has to work this weekend and he's afraid he's gonna miss all the action.

Okay, so one has pipped and is in the middle of zip. Good so far. And another pipped ON THE WRONG END! I popped a tiny bit more of the shell and verrrry slightly opened the outer membrane a bit more. I hear the occasional peep and can see the beak so it seems to be doing ok so far.

Day 21 and 7 of 9 English Orp eggs from California have hatched, one more pipped and the last one is rolling. Looks like 100% hatch on that batch! The Ameraucana eggs from New Jersey are coming along. Two of six are hatched and two more pipped. Nothing from thr other two yet but there's time.
If you had seen me fretting over these (expensive) eggs on Easter Sunday's 4 hour power outage you would be calling me a silly goose today!

Day 21 and 7 of 9 English Orp eggs from California have hatched, one more pipped and the last one is rolling. Looks like 100% hatch on that batch! The Ameraucana eggs from New Jersey are coming along. Two of six are hatched and two more pipped. Nothing from thr other two yet but there's time.
If you had seen me fretting over these (expensive) eggs on Easter Sunday's 4 hour power outage you would be calling me a silly goose today!
That's wonderful!

-Kathy

So 8 have hatched and 3 have pipped :) well done, good luck on the rest of the hatch, keep is updated and I had decided to get silkie eggs shipped to me, but I was planning on getting 12, but after looking at them from a sellers birds online, now the 12 egg, have turned into 24 lol
1f602.png
I'm gonna get 5 white, 5 black, 5 gold, 5 splash and 4 cuckoo!! And i am going to be fixing up my pen soon, making it more secure etc, its all money at the minute
1f602.png
im going to be broke soon!! Plus my 11 chicken eggs and one duck egg are going into lockdown tomorrow, and my geese are going into lock down next thursday
1f600.png
im really hoping for a good hatch rate smile.png , for the silkie eggs, i am going to be using an octagon 20, advance, with the automatic turning cradle, im hoping with such a good incubator, it will help hith the hatch rate!!
1f601.png
i hear that a dry hatchs are good, at the minute i am hatching my geese in 30 % humidity, and its staying around that, with no water in the incubtor,

Awesome! Congrats!!! I didn't know you had a power outage but I know from experience how stressful that is. Glad it worked out for you. So what happened with the one that pipped on the wrong end?

So 8 have hatched and 3 have pipped :) well done, good luck on the rest of the hatch, keep is updated and I had decided to get silkie eggs shipped to me, but I was planning on getting 12, but after looking at them from a sellers birds online, now the 12 egg, have turned into 24 lol
1f602.png
I'm gonna get 5 white, 5 black, 5 gold, 5 splash and 4 cuckoo!! And i am going to be fixing up my pen soon, making it more secure etc, its all money at the minute
1f602.png
im going to be broke soon!! Plus my 11 chicken eggs and one duck egg are going into lockdown tomorrow, and my geese are going into lock down next thursday
1f600.png
im really hoping for a good hatch rate smile.png , for the silkie eggs, i am going to be using an octagon 20, advance, with the automatic turning cradle, im hoping with such a good incubator, it will help hith the hatch rate!!
1f601.png
i hear that a dry hatchs are good, at the minute i am hatching my geese in 30 % humidity, and its staying around that, with no water in the incubtor,

I hear ya about the money thing. Chickens are addictive! My best hope is to sell a few to defray feed costs, haha! Seriously, our flock are a bunch of spoiled pets, and my husband is the biggest culprit. We could sit and watch them for hours. I Envy your incubator - mine is a Farm Innovators with a computer fan wired in to circulate air and I feel like I have to check temp /humidity several times a day. But it works for the one or two hatches I plan to do a year. Good luck with your silkies!

Awesome! Congrats!!! I didn't know you had a power outage but I know from experience how stressful that is. Glad it worked out for you. So what happened with the one that pipped on the wrong end?

I followed Sally Sunshines advice on assisted hatch and it worked out okay. Poor chickie ended up with spraddled legs and couldn't walk so it's got a bandaid sling on to help it out. Seems to have helped immensely. The whole time I've worked on this chick I've been thinking, if it's a cockerel I'm gone be upset!

I followed Sally Sunshines advice on assisted hatch and it worked out okay. Poor chickie ended up with spraddled legs and couldn't walk so it's got a bandaid sling on to help it out. Seems to have helped immensely. The whole time I've worked on this chick I've been thinking, if it's a cockerel I'm gone be upset!

Haha... well continued luck with "her". We'll wish on a double-positive outcome. Legs fixed/female!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom