Diary of a Crossbeak: Support for Special Needs Chickens and their Keepers

Pics
I ended up putting the poor thing out of her misery. It was hard for both me and my daughter. But it was the best thing for her.

hugs.gif

Cadbury is broody for the third time in just over a month. I gave in, and let her have 2 eggs last night. We will see what happens. I hope she doesn't kill herself.

To Motorcycle chick...Please be sure NOT TO BROOD HER EGGS AS CROSSBEAK IS USUALLY INHERITED...Good wishes to you....

TO MOTORCYVLECHICK: Sorry, that was really stupid of me to assume that you might set her eggs....Sometimes I listen, sometimes I don't...Best T You...

TO MOTORCYVLECHICK:   Sorry, that was Swim stupid of me to assume that you might set her eggs....Sometimes I listen, sometimes I don't...Best T You...

Good heavens. I am glad for the reminder! I did forget the first time I was collecting for a broody two months ago. I remembered in time.

Last edited:
What a cutie you have there, TXMama3boys. I think you have a good idea about separating your little Teek for meals. My little crossbeak jumps at the chance to come out for breakfast. The extra space really seems to help her eat her share.

One of Cadbury's eggs is gone. She is the suspect since she is in the grow out pen, and I have never seen a chick in there. Oh well. One more week until her chick is due. I hope it hatches for her. Maybe she will stop going broody after that.
fl.gif

Yes, I heard you. I doubt it too.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom