Diary of My "Doomed From the Start" Incubation"

If you have by put two and two together yet, "Lacrystol" is the great eBayer
smile.png
You just get ready to hatch out some babies even if you get ONE I'll be happy, Lol then I want IMMEDIATE pictures so I can post on my website.
Lets see if we can out beat the trip from Ohio to California. Will show the Post office!!!

Well, I have some BAD news. It's day 5 and I candled... There was no veining in any egg.
sad.png
I cracked them open to look inside and they were all completely scrambled! (Remember, these eggs all had ruptured air cells) so, they really were "doomed from the start"

The GREAT news is that the eBayer that I bought my eggs through is sending me replacement eggs for FREE. To me, this is unheard of, because eBay vendors have all over their postings disclaimers of "no refunds or replacement eggs" because they can't trust USPS to be gentle with the packages (which I agree with.)

I am eagerly waiting my new eggs. They should be here in a week or so... I will put an update up when I start the new incubation cycle with these eggs
smile.png
Sounds like a great ebay seller. The first time I got eggs in the mail (2 months ago) I was waiting at the Post Office for them to open so that I could get the eggs before the mail carrier got them. I watched the big Post Office truck pull up, open the back, and the driver threw (not dropped or set down but threw) the duffel bag to the ground (about a 5 feet drop) that had the box with my eggs in it. I reported it to the Post Master, who could have cared less. Needless to say, I got a 0% hatch rate. It wasn't the sellers fault, the eggs were well wrapped. They were pure white silkies that I really wanted. I now find anyway possible to avoid getting eggs through the mail.

I had duck eggs shipped this week. They shipped from OH to MN, 2 of the 12 were broken (expected that). And half had rolling air sacs. I hope to get a few to hatch out but only time will tell! The breeder took great care in packaging my eggs, I just know USPS is very rough on them.
Keep us updated on how batch # 2 arrives and developes.

I am more than Happy to send more eggs, I have been there in the past and it sooooo upsetting to purchase eggs only to have them already ruined before you can even start.  I had a person tell me once "well I guess that's the price you pay for shipped eggs".  I was like REALLY.  So when I started selling eggs, I made a pack with myself, I would NEVER treat anyone like this.  Shipping eggs isn't a profit, it should be an enjoyment, waiting to here someone ELSE hatching out MY babies. OMG, what a thrill to me...

Seeing how my girls a laying SOOO WELL right now, HA HA HA it's an easier Fixer upper,,, 

I love the little incubator... 

You got yourself a deal! And then some! Thank you again for everything! :)

I had duck eggs shipped this week. They shipped from OH to MN, 2 of the 12 were broken (expected that). And half had rolling air sacs. I hope to get a few to hatch out but only time will tell! The breeder took great care in packaging my eggs, I just know USPS is very rough on them.
Keep us updated on how batch # 2 arrives and developes.
FYI, I got 10 call duck eggs shipped to me, They are due Thursday and believe it or not, I ended throwing two out but the 8 are showing life, however 4 out of the eight STILL today have Loose Air cells. YES, I have no clue what I'm gonna end up with on Thursday perhaps maybe some deformaty HOPE not but as long as these little buggers keep moving and growing, I'm good with that. My opinion duck eggs are a lot stronger and seem to be able to handle just a little bit more roughness from the PO..

Your eggs are packaged and ready to go...... I packed them a little differently, I found that when eggs need to take a longer trip, my old way doesn't work but the new way seems to make a difference. I had packed eggs the same way I packed up yours and those eggs went to Texas out of 10 eggs 8 of them made it to lockdown. So hopefully this new way will definitely help you get some hatchings..

Last edited:
Let me know how those call ducks hatch out! I have one single call duck egg that is in my incubator. It got mixed in with some chicken eggs that i got from my finances parents. So it didn't get shipped. Just a 2 hour drive.

Let me know how those call ducks hatch out! I have one single call duck egg that is in my incubator. It got mixed in with some chicken eggs that i got from my finances parents. So it didn't get shipped. Just a 2 hour drive.
LOL, I have a chicken that lays eggs that look just like a duck egg, slightly different if I'm not paying attention I could end up the same way. LOL. That's funny though..

Back
Top Bottom