Diatomaceous Earth

IggiMom

Songster
10 Years
Apr 12, 2009
West Virginia
I am new on this forum. I have a small hobby flock, and I am adding DE to their feed. Is there any harm to this? I am hoping to keep them free of parasites in this way.

Quote:
Hmm I thought I read somewhere it will kill internal perisites if mixed in there feed?

It will kill internal parasites if mixed in their feed. It will also kill parasites that get on the chickens if they are dusted with it. We put it on and feed our dog,cats and chickens. My BF also mixes it with OJ and drinks it. He says it makes his digestive system work better. I know it has helped keep the flys down and kept the fleas away. If it gets wet though it doesn't work until it drys out.

Hi and Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Check out my Food Grade DE page when you get a chance.

I explain how, where and why I use it.

I've had no problems with using it, and have been for almost 2 years now. It's really nothing more than a personal choice if you decide to use it or not.

Hope this is some help!

Dawn

so where do you get it? I had read about it and want to use it with my girls, but don't know where to buy it.

Quote:
Hi and Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Clink on the food grade DE link in my above post (post #5). At the bottom of the page is a list of many places that you can buy it from.

Hope this is some help!

Dawn

Alot of folks swear by it w/ other benifits as well, I use and like it.

AL

Back
Top Bottom