Diatomaceous earth

Quote: I know "if it's accurate"

It's not

Earthworks just wants you to buy it

Anything with a "negative charge" will lose it the INSTANT it touches anything else.
DE kills by dehydration, and does NOT work at all when wet

Don't fall for sales hype that defies the laws of physics

This is what they say:

Quote: That means they can't SAY it if they can't PROVE it

Quote: That means some THINK it helps them, when in fact it doesn't

Quote: This means "Don't believe SCIENCE, just believe what we tell you"

Quote: Again, they can't say it, because they cannot PROVE it

Quote:
They are excited because people keep believing the sales pitch, and they make money selliing you powdered rock

http://www.earthworkshealth.com/

My youngest daughter has worked for Southern States for many years. For those of you that aren't familiar with SS, it's a farm supply store something like Tractor Supply. SS is owned by the farmers who use it and has been in business since 1923 and has stores in many surrounding states in my area. One of the differences between to two stores is that SS mixes feed for farmers and sells feed to them in bulk. SS sells Diatomaceous Earth by the bag and mixes it with different feeds at the farmers request and according to my daughter SS sells tons of it. A lot of the farmers in my area are believers in DE.

Last summer my daughter's 14 years old daughter (my granddaughter) spent the night with a friend of hers and brought home a few bedbugs. It was a good while (several weeks) before they knew about it and by that time the bedbugs had multiplied and were through out their home. SS sells many different insecticides & pesticides and my daughter tried to come up with one that would kill bedbugs. After a bit of research she decided to use Diatomaceous Earth to combat the problem.

They dusted their entire home (carpet, furniture, mattresses, etc.) with DE and let it set for four weeks to kill the new ones that hatched out. After the four weeks of waiting they couldn't find a live bedbug anywhere but they did find a lot of dead ones. Then they cleaned up the DE dust and haven't had a problem since. So I know DE does kill some critters.

Last edited:
this is put on all items that may be inhaled. Its a very powdery substance.

i just picked up some wood sheeting from Lowe's. there where warning stickers on those. This item may produce wood dust. A substance known to cause cancer by the state of California. Fricken wood dust....
roll.png

What i am saying is...use your best judgment. If you are going to spend most the day in a cloud of dust then maybe a mask would be best. if you are going to spend 5 min spreading it around then myself i would not use one.

Everything is known to cause cancer in California
barnie.gif

Quote:
This is quite true. Warning labels on everything. Unfortunately, the bizarre legislation created in this Nanny State eventually makes its way to the Free States. You have my sincerest apologies.

Our legislators seem to think there needs to be a law about everything and people are too stupid to have any common sense.

Quote:
Effect of diatomaceous earth on internal parasites of freerange, organic laying hens.
D. C. Bennett*, Y.-J. Rhee, A. Yee, and K.M. Cheng, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada.
The abstract is presented on page 81 of the 98th Annual Meeting of the Poultry Science Association, July 2009.
link here: http://www.poultryscience.org/psa09/abstracts.pdf

In it they state, "DE had no effect
on the number of hens infected, FEC, or worm burdens
However, body
mass and egg production were greater in hens consuming the DE diets.
These hens also laid larger eggs with thicker shells.
The results of this
study suggest that there is no evidence that DE is an effective treatment
to control gastrointestinal parasitic infections
of free-range laying hens.

Back
Top Bottom