Dickey?

roll.png
Has anyone noticed that the bottom hatching tray is 2 degrees cooler than the top of the bator? How do I fix this?

have never checked my bator,, but have never had a problem with hatching in it... i wouldnt worry bout it,, but thats jus me,, im kinda not the worry type,, unless something goes wrong, then i fix it,, but if it works,, is hard to fix
wink.png

edit: ta add,,, im glad my bator will be empty tomorrow,,,hahahaha,, you guys gonna make me check mine lol
lol.png
,, i just noticed the "2" ,, i thought i saw an "A" degree,,hmmm 2 is alot
hmm.png

Last edited:
I've never noticed the temp difference, but my hatches have been good, so it must not be a problem.

And I was worried at first about hatching and turning at the same time, but I just up my humidity to 65% when I have chicks hatching, then drop it back to 55-60% after the hatch. It seems to work just fine.

Paula
smile.png

Quote:
Actually ... you can get away with a lower temp in the hatcher. Some exotic bird breeders even recommend it. About 1F lower would be the aim.

The reason is that the chicks themselves are giving off quite a lot of heat by this stage, and lowering the temp very slightly reduces the risk of them over-heating.

I'm not necessarily recommending this, but some well respected breeders do
smile.png

Ok I just did a test ... Over the past few hrs I moved one thermometer from top to 1st tray to 2nd to 3rd and then to the bottom and there is a deff. temp difference.What should I do here.

with my first hatch, there were no problems whatsoever with any of the chicks. no deformities, no weak chicks and no deaths.

they do give off so much heat while hatching. and remember, when chicks go in the brooder, they only need to have 95* for the proper, safe temp.

call Mr. Dickey and ask him to explain. he is great about helping.

Back
Top Bottom