Did anyone else set eggs on or near 10/16/09?

I've got a small batch of eggs I just put in the hatcher. Now just waiting.....

I'm hatching some project chicks. My silver rooster over black hens, to improve the silver line because they are very small in size.

I'm also hatching some buff chicks from the only buff hen that is currently laying. Every one of her eggs is going in the incubator. It's time to replace the flock.

Quote:
Here's a pic of my kids

Oh, nice birds! Thanks for the pictures! You say it is hard to candle. How dark are the eggs?

They are ranging according to each hen, from darkish regular brown type to DARK wet terra cotta pot color. There's a wider color range than I was expecting. When I have all of my individual wire pens up (I traded a mini mare for LOTS of former rabbit hutches-over 40 individual pens) I'm going to seperate all of the hens, so I know who's laying what and can band them to be able to keep up with their laying.

Quote:
Two of the four I set are in the brooder. The two I set on October 14 (I forgot they were October 14) are resting up for the big push to get out of the egg (the are in cartons). Early birds all.

I have a chick!!!
wee.gif

1 lonely coturnix, but seeing as this is my third try and my very first chick, I'll take it!!!

Hoping he/she has some brothers and sisters joining us very soon
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom