Did anyone set eggs on June 9th? Wanna hatch with me?

I love that we are setting silkies together - I have been checking out your silkies (Elite Silkies) for awhile now! I was thinking of seeing if you had any hatching eggs...you have some lovely birds! I am just starting up my flock...I have 5 at the moment - oops..6, forgot about my Potato Salad...lol...that is what my dd calls the new chick I hatched on the 6th...he is so cute...anyway, good luck with the hatches...is everyone candling on day 7?

I set my eggs on the 6th and candled last night....saw lots of movement and veining and am soooo excited! Most of the eggs had something going on and I almost couldn't get to sleep from the excitement....I soooo badly want my White and Buff Silkies eggs to hatch.....cross our fingers!!

Quote:
Thank you! My younger ones just started laying and my older ones are not laying right now. So, I am super excited to start hatching my the younger Lav pen. After I set a few, I'll probably offer some for sale. My white hen is also laying.

I candle on day 4. I just can't wait, but by day 4 you can usually tell if they are fertile or not.

I set 12 giant blue Cochin and 1 mystery egg. Plus, I have 9 turkey eggs going and 5 peafowl..we'll see what happens. Its been years since I've done any hatching. Can't wait!

Hi there!

I set eggs on June 7th. 4 BCM's, 3 Mille Fleur D'uccles, and 3 Blue Americaunas. Soooo excited as this is the first time I've attempted to hatch. I candled last night (I couldn't help myself) and think I found 2 blood rings in the americaunas.
sad.png
Also one looks clear...like it was infertile or never developed. I dunno...I left them in there for now...I plan on checking again in Wednesday (day 10) and if they look the same I'll cull. I also think I see some veins in the Mille Fleur's but no movement. I really don't know what I'm looking at...so I'll keep my fingers crossed. BCM's are so dark I can't see a thing.

Hi! Yay on your first hatch! I only have 2 under my belt myself, this is the third. You become an expert on the third, haha, j/k. I keep all of my eggs until day 23 regardless of whether I see anything in there - I am always afraid that I am throwing a baby in the trash, lol...

I set my 6 mixed, Cream legbar, Brahma and Welsummer mixed with one dashingly handsome rooster... on 10th of June... I think... It may have been the 9th...

My ducklings have both been early in each batch and I now have 8 fantastic Runner Ducklings... in 2 batches of 4... 3 to be sold in roughly 10 weeks...

But... I will hatch with you... my chicks will probably be early...

had a disaster with my broody chicken... my finger went through the egg... tried to repair it but it died
sad.png

Yes it was the 9th... because I didnt realise it is after 12 and therefore a new day...

Last edited:
We set our eggs on June 10. That's close enough, right? It is our first time ever! We have an assortment of eggs in there. My mother just bought a couple dozen fertilized eggs from the lady we got our chicks from. Bantom, Americana, B Orpington, and Red Sussex. I think my co-workers are allready tired of me talking about my eggs!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom