Did anyone set eggs on June 9th? Wanna hatch with me?

Quote:
You are just on day 21 and if your temp was a bit low may be a bit later....hopefully you will wake up to pips, cheeps and peeps.
Keep us posted and good luck.
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
Congrats on little Coleslaw. Thank goodness your chicks/eggs survived the cat attack. How is the rest of the hatch going?

I have one little silkie splash baby. I forgot how tiny they are. Two zipping. I took a picture but not as good as the others.

I have got one more coming out now. Good, the first one has a friend.

Last edited:
How odd!

Rooster is a white Leghorn and the hens are New Hampshires.

Can anyone explain this???

There must be some Plymouth Rock DNA floating around in them right?
big_smile.png

Oh, and I have some rocking on 1 of the last 3 eggs. I hope to awaken to a 100% hatch rate tomorrow.
smile.png

34xgxzc.jpg

2n07m9y.jpg

I'm going to bed. I have 14 chicks and one zipin'
wee.gif

I'm up.
barnie.gif
My DH checked on the chicks and left the door open and the kitten was sitting on the incubator.
barnie.gif
All is well, I have 17 chicks and two pipin'
wee.gif
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
I don't remember how many I started out with under the broody (I think 14, old eggs), but the tally now is: three out of shell, one died after drying, two looking good and one stinker (glad I took that one out!). One of the two looks very pure faverolles.
big_smile.png

Also, there's life in the incubator. A turkey poult has hatched, two more have pipped the outside (there are nine in total). There's rocking and rolling! And it looks like I might get one gold brahma and one or two pheasants, along some other chicks.

Wow, it really worked! All that egg turning every 8 hours is paying off.
My eggs have started to hatch. I have one healthy little chick walking around and one is breaking free right now. The first one hatched at 1:30 this afternoon.
Update.
Hopefully next hatch will be better. The poor little creatures looked fine in the morning, but when I got home from work...oh the horror! The little birds that were doing so well in the morning were dead. There was/are two living chicks, they are just laying there. My incubator is full of death!

Last edited:
I set on the 10th & 9 out of 12 were alive at lockdown soooo hopefully they'll hatch soon. The first 8 days my temp was low at 95 (NEW thermometer was wrong!) so I expect them to be late, I'm glad to hear of all the new chickies hatching!

Back
Top Bottom