Did anyone set September 2nd/3rd? I could use hatching buddies!

HHandbasket

The Chickeneer
9 Years
Jun 2, 2010
El Dorado County, California
We are doing our last hatch of the year. We haven't done one for several months, but I got my hands on some white faced black Spanish AND white faced BLUE Spanish heritage stock eggs. They arrived early Thursday, and we set them late last night (9/2). Anyone else setting this weekend??

Does this count?
I set 84 quail eggs on September 1st
11 muscovy eggs September 1st
and another 15 muscovy eggs on September 2nd... so my quail will be before your hatch date ad my ducks will be a lot after!

so that bumps me up to 41 muscovys in the bators... but some were set earlier in August.. lol

I am going to set a broody after dark tonight with 9 of my eggs. One that I have a particular interest in. So count me in.

Kenny

I set the 1st, 2nd and today
smile.png

Last edited:
We recently got our first olive egger. She's a pretty girl, hatched from a black australorp mother and an EE father. The egg she herself came out of was brown, but her eggs are a gorgeous olive/avocado green color! She has a peacomb and the characteristics muff/beard of an EE but is mostly black with some slight gold highlights on breast and hackle feathers. Our broody hatched her back in late February, and she has been laying now about 2-3 weeks. I was SO excited when I saw the color of her eggs!

MEEEEE! I set 24 on the 2nd...and added 3 more on the 3rd! Very excited

I have some from my red stars and my white leghorns...crossed with my EE roo. And then some from my blue cochin hen bred to my black mottled frizzle roo.

Very excited!

ME!!! I got a shipment of Penedesencas and blk copper Marans that I set on the 31, then yesterday I set a dozen gorgeous bbs Ameraucanas I got locally (well worth the 30 min drive to see his beautiful birds!) and today I threw a teeny bantam egg in with them.
smile.png
And that's it, I won't add any more.
smile.png
I wanted to get the Ameraucana eggs the same day as the shipped eggs, but there was something going on with our cell phones. It took him 24 hours to get my message, and then he called me back, my phone never rang, and I didn't get his msg for 24 hours after he left it!!! Arg! So when I finally talked to him, he convinced me it was fine to keep adding eggs until the incubator s full. I'm sure I'll have to figure out what to do with the staggered "lockdown" schedules, but since he does it all the time, I guess it will work out.
smile.png

I just put 9 Backyard Bastards in my LG, this is my first attempt other than the 3 in my rc mini that I found out after a couple days wasn't turnin.

Max

Back
Top Bottom