Did anyone watch election coverage on CNN last night (Tue, Nov 4)?

AllChookUp

Will Shut Up for Chocolate
11 Years
May 7, 2008
Frozen Lake, MN
I'm not intending to turn this into a political thread. Just wanted to comment on the really interesting advancement in election coverage by CNN. They were all over it!

The "Magic Wall" where they could dissect and display results, pulling up different demographics and sociographics was really cool. Real-time number-crunching with awesome graphics. I thought John King and Soledad O'Brien did good jobs.

Then having some reporters "beamed in" holographically. Yeah, it was a little cheesy, but still, it marks a new technology watermark for television. CNN really went all out. Even the multiple panels made up of lefties, rghties, and others. I thought it was pretty good coverage.

And of course, Campbell Brown.
smile.png

What did y'all think?

Last edited:
I watched it on MSNBC on the internet. Had to watch it there because they put Olbermann and Matthews back on after pulling them at the Republican convention. It was exceptionally good, fast paced coverage.

I should have had MSNBC on my laptop while I was watching CNN on TV! I'll bet Olbermann and Matthews did a great job.

i have directv so i was watching 6 channels cnn was getting the number before msnbc , cspan had the best shots of the speeches tho

We were watching till 11pm ESt. I was a little surprised at how long some results came in has most were eletronic now. But it was way cool how it is done with the Demographics and all.

I went to bed early and read a book. I guess I figured the election was going to turn out the way it did.

Buff Hooligans wrote:
I guess I figured the election was going to turn out the way it did.

And this coming from the person who just yesterday claimed the candidates she votes for never win.

Yet you knew how this one was going to turn out?
wink.png

You don't give yourself enough credit.​

Back
Top Bottom