Did I buy 2 whiting true green roosters?

Gaibe94

Hatching
May 24, 2024
They are 10 weeks old(yellow ones) and I think they're both roosters. Both have spur dots on legs. Combs grew much faster then the others (the chicken next to it is an olive egger rooster I would like to keep if he is nice) but these 2 are kind of fiesty and they don't like my cheetah print hey dudes. They also will fight each other one almost died he didn't move for a few minutes because whatever happened all 15 other chickens ganged up on it. Totally fine now haven't had any other problems and it's been at least 3 weeks... I'm thinking I'm seeing some saddle feathers? But really don't know what I'm looking for. Grew up with chickens but didn't ever care to pay attention to them just fed them collected eggs and cleaned the coop haa.

Attachments

• 20240524_194550.jpg
    20240524_194550.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 22
  • 20240524_191827.jpg
    20240524_191827.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 20240524_191833.jpg
    20240524_191833.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
I believe you are correct that they are cockerels. Your barred bird is also a cockerel in case you were wondering. Both hens and roos have spur bumps.

They are 10 weeks old(yellow ones) and I think they're both roosters. Both have spur dots on legs. Combs grew much faster then the others (the chicken next to it is an olive egger rooster I would like to keep if he is nice) but these 2 are kind of fiesty and they don't like my cheetah print hey dudes. They also will fight each other one almost died he didn't move for a few minutes because whatever happened all 15 other chickens ganged up on it. Totally fine now haven't had any other problems and it's been at least 3 weeks... I'm thinking I'm seeing some saddle feathers? But really don't know what I'm looking for. Grew up with chickens but didn't ever care to pay attention to them just fed them collected eggs and cleaned the coop haa.
I don't have anything to add on the pullet/cockrell debate. But....can you please tell me what breed the chicken in the right foreground is (the red and white one)?

I believe you are correct that they are cockerels. Your barred bird is also a cockerel in case you were wondering. Both hens and roos have spur bumps.

Dang. I want them to start crowing so I will know for sure. That's a bummer I was hoping for a whiting green hen.

I don't have anything to add on the pullet/cockrell debate. But....can you please tell me what breed the chicken in the right foreground is (the red and white one)?

That is the one in question-it is a whiting true green. I call them yellow they do look more yellow in persin but yes they are red and white.

Dang. I want them to start crowing so I will know for sure. That's a bummer I was hoping for a whiting green hen.
I'm not confident on the first bird. Do you have a photo showing his/her side and tail?

Your barred bird is also a cockerel in case you were wondering.
Sorry, just realized that was the Olive Egger you already mentioned was a roo.
smiley_emoticons_doh-gif.2041166

I'm not confident on the first bird. Do you have a photo showing his/her side and tail?

Sorry, just realized that was the Olive Egger you already mentioned was a roo.
smiley_emoticons_doh-gif.2041166
It is the same bird that's next to the olive egger. Just front view.
They both look identical.

Back
Top Bottom