did i do a good job with my silkie bath?

Silkie-Feet

Songster
9 Years
Jul 16, 2010
Ky, Kentucky
i decided to give my silkie a bath to know what to do when a show does come along. here are a few before and after pics! did i do a good job? if you judged this pullet what would you give her? BTY could someone tell me the standard in common terms and not a link. i think she fits it all . well, here she goes
big_smile.png

before bath:

after bath:

if the pics aernt big enough, u can click on them and they are larger!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok,.. first, when it comes time to show, pull those hard feathers sticking out in the middle of her tail. Second, try using tide's new laundry booster (colorsafe bleach and stain remover) as a 'shampoo' between shampoo and rinse. If the bird still looks dingy, take a couple of liters of water and add TWO DROPS of blueing. Pour over bird, rinse immediately or you risk a pastel blue bird.

However, it really made my white boy sparkle this past weekend, and I was quite pleased with the results...

and if you happen to have sheep or groom dogs, one of those dryers on the stand is SO SO nice to have.

she only looks sort of yellowish in the rose pic because there was a yellow light above her. so for washing i used human shampoo and a little bleach water, will that work?

I use shapleys horse whitening shampoo. I use a little vinegar in the rinse water to get out the soap. please be careful of bleach around their eyes and the fumes are tough on the lungs I think she is cute
smile.png

regular bleach? oh that might not be good for her. not sure but someone will know. I use the horse shampoo for white horses. then when im done blowdrying mine I use the air compressor to really fluff her up! so cute... check on that bleach thing though for sure...Oh and dont feed her any food with marigold in it will tink her yellow. just FYI

i looked up ppl using deluted bleach in water, and alot of ppl do it. it can kill mights and bugs and also brightens the whight color! any more comments? can someone describe ths standards and things that disqualafiy her?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the foot feathers come clean? I didn't realize how dirty mine were until they molted and the new super white ones started coming in!

Back
Top Bottom