Did I get swindled?

Pics

Notgoodatchickens

In the Brooder
Aug 1, 2023
I have been raising these guys since they were two days old. They are now almost 8 months old. I ordered all females, and obviously it didn’t shake out that way but I still love them. They are supposed to be barred rocks and partridge rocks but I don’t know enough about chickens to confirm or deny that’s what they really are. This is my first flock. I’ve had people I really trust say they are all roosters. And I’ve had people I trust say there are some hens in the mix.
Only two of them crow (Jalapeño and Freckles). No one lays (or if they are they are hiding their stash). And no one mounts (at least not in my presence).
Any chance I have any hens? Or was I swindled and given all roosters?
IMG_5017.jpeg
IMG_5004.jpeg
IMG_5005.jpeg
IMG_5003.jpeg
739ADFFA-0C2C-486B-9F9E-1F0AF72A4A1C_Original.jpeg
3785E555-6765-4732-90B3-3EB02A04039A_Original.jpeg
474EE852-B828-498F-8CB0-1F45408ACB9C_Original.jpeg

They are all 100% cockerels. Feathers and combs tell all. I’ve read that one will become the leader and he will be the main crower, while the others may not crow at all.
Well that’s a fun tidbit of trivia! Lol
Thanks for taking the time to educate me. It’s not the and I wanted but definitely appreciate the info for the future!

Tractor Supply but it’s my understanding that when you order online they are shipped right from Hoovers. I sure have all the luck, huh? Lol
If you ordered sexed pullets, then Hoovers messed up big time. Get out your receipt and get your money back. I think they usually say 80% of their sexed pullets will be pullets, so it's not uncommon to get a roo or two, but not every single one in an order as large as yours - that's excessive, IMO.

You deserve your money back and more for all the time and money you've invested in these birds when what you wanted were hens. I'm so sorry.

Back
Top Bottom