Did I get the breeds I was told I got? *pics added

Supermommy486

Songster
9 Years
Apr 8, 2010
South Central Texas
What do you think? I got some chicks and I *think* they look like the breeds I was told but I am new at this.
smile.png

First up is Ameraucana? ONE is more reddish than the rest ( you can see it in the 2nd pic) and one other one is booted.
53596_dsc04236.jpg

53596_dsc04237.jpg

Next is Black Australorp? Not all of them have white on their chest though. * I have been told sex-links? Does this mean I could sex them now?
53596_dsc04241.jpg

Last is Leghorns. It's hard to tell since they are dyed but I'm wondering if you can tell which are roos?
53596_dsc04262.jpg

53596_dsc04263.jpg

53596_dsc04266.jpg

Thanks as always!
love.gif

Last edited:
I'd say your Ameraucanas are actually Easter Eggers. I can't help with the Australorps as I don't have any. The Leghorns all look to be roo's though. Big legs and big combs!

The only one I would question is the booted chick. The rest appear to be as labeled. The orange chick Might be a pullet, but it is hard to tell at this time. I don't think I have ever seen a booted EE. Maybe more photos of just that one would be of help?

The dyed chicks are usually vent sexed as cockerals. The sexer might have made a mistake, and there MIGHT be a pullet in the group, but don't count on it!

The dark chicks do look like my BAs. All of mine had yellow undersides, and at least white tips on their first wing feathers, though.

Ah ok. No everything was straight run. The dyed ones I got from someone who had got them as pets and didn't know so it was pretty much like taking a chance with them. Even if they are roos it's totally ok. Working on getting a pic of the booted one.

Ok here is the one that is booted, although not all of it's toes have feathers I noticed.
53596_dsc04303.jpg

And here is the reddish one. I just realized his legs are not colored like any of the others...
53596_dsc04304.jpg

Back
Top Bottom