1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Did I miss the info on who won the UPA raffle?

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by barkerg, Apr 18, 2016.

1. barkerg

barkerg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2015
    Salado, Texas
    Did I miss it? I cant find any info on FB either.

Gerald Barker

1 person likes this.
  2. Garden Peas

Garden Peas Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2014
    It seems entirely likely that you (and the other paying participants) are more interested in the outcome than they are [​IMG]

I see on their FB page where someone left a message asking... but no response. Nothing on the "new" website either.

This is NOT making me wanna sign back up OR send money for raffle tickets in the future [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. allbirds4me

allbirds4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2015
    agree, not much info. was put out there about this raffle to begin with, reason I never bought any tickets.
    If it weren't for MinxFox adding some info. here ( much thanks go out to her ) then most of us would have known very little about some important details...surely she's not the only UPA member who checks in here from time to time ?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  4. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

I asked Loretta last night about what is going on. She sent the numbers to another member to draw one with a computer, then the number is matched up with her list. We should know today who won.

5. Garden Peas

Sep 23, 2014
    So it sounds like she didn't exactly answer your question about what is going on and why the delay? [​IMG]

6. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

Well I guess not, but she did tell me what I wanted to know. We should know today.

7. Garden Peas

Sep 23, 2014
    They must be using an abacus 'stead of a computer, and mailing in the results in via pea-mail.... whatever it is gets lost in the delivery by pea-brained peafowl [​IMG]

Even my wheezing, over-utilized and under-powered laptop works better than what's happening with this auction-thingy.

Although I notice other stuff is still going up on their Facebook page. Huh.

8. barkerg

barkerg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2015
    Salado, Texas
    I received an email today from the UPA with my raffle number. Apparently, they are drawing numbers tomorrow.

Gerald Barker

9. new 2 pfowl

new 2 pfowl Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2012
    California
    Wow, I didn't buy tickets but after all of the discussion I am very anxious to see the results! [​IMG]

10. new 2 pfowl

new 2 pfowl Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2012
    California
    Looks like they've got a winner...

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by