Did I provoke my neighbor into this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jennie, from here on out, I would not communicate with him at all; ignore emails and if you answer the phone and it's him, I would tell him that you will not speak on the phone with him at all and hang up before he can answer. Print out a hard copy of your zoning laws and covenants related to keeping chickens and have them on hand. Talk to the police about the threats to your birds (to me, that is a threat to your kids as well) and make an official report about this. Anything could send rat poison into your yard, even if he only puts it around his fence, wind, rain, etc. This is more serious than just that he has wrong ideas about chickens.

we have a touchy neighbor situation too and my advice is to not encourage or engage a psycho. or an uptight jerk, or a mean old RACIST good ol boy or whatever the hell he is... (!!!) just put up as tall of a privacy fence as you can and don't put any more energy into the spat. really. if somebody's out of work and touchy to begin with, they have a LOT of time and energy to put into a feud...forget about the right/wrong, check out of that vicious energy cycle...you got better things to do!

that;s my two cents...or maybe a nickel ; )

Quote:
Dang women you always make so much more sense than us men in these type situations
tongue.gif
....just clobber the guy and bury him out back!
thumbsup.gif

Well, seeing that the e-mails took place between 10:00 p.m. and 2:30 a.m. I've already lost sleep over it.
sad.png

You're right, he does have an awful lot of time on his hands.

Craziness....

Quote:
I really am not sure, as I think they're writing is in German or possibly Dutch and I can't speak either. All I know is if you search YouTube for Denizli Rooster, you'll have several like that that will pop up and sound really impressive.

I have to say that I am sorry you are going through this. We had neighbors back in my old neighborhood that did nothing but cause us trouble. Of course we didn't have chickens there, but they behaved just as vindictive.

Last edited:
That is amazing! I read a tiny bit about them and they're a breed in Turkey that was specifically bred for their "long harmonious call"!
smile.png

Apparently, they're not availbale in the States, yet! LOL

I'm keeping my eyes open, though!
lau.gif

If he is that uppity about the grass I have a great free idea for the privacy fence. Contact your local tire distributor and offer to take his worn out tires off his hands. Then stack and screw them together to create a privacy fence. I am sure he will just LOVE looking at his new used tire fence.
gig.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom