1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Did in my FIRST and SECOND!!!!

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Cricket, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Cricket

Cricket Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2007
    I couldn't stand the crowing anymore... I just couldn't STAND IT!!!!!!!

It's so peaceful and quiet now! ~_^

I'm still getting over the shock that I actually did it....

I think for any beginner... they should start out with a young, meat purpose bird. I just did in my two old annoying roosters who wouldn't leave my ducks alone and kept crowing at me everytime I walked by them!!! ACK!!!
    They had SOOOOO much yellow FAT on them!! UGH! And their meat was tough and stringy *tasted good* but tough and stringy.

Sooooo... I cut it up into tiny tiny pieces and my kids have enjoyed them as daytime snack morsels!

Yippieeee!!! Old, but healthy.. I knew what those fatties ate!

Will I do it again..... hmmmmm... oh probably! Prices for chicken went up again at the grocery store.

Got to feed the family and all! Now if those 5 month olds would just start laying eggs!!!!!!!!!!!

Cricket

2. chickensrme

chickensrme Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2007
    Maine
    good for you i did that one time to four of my realy old hens that were just gobaling feed and nothing in return. My mom would not eat it but i did and the dogs got some to

3. Cricket

Cricket Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2007
    Thanks!

Yeah... I was so mad at those selfish roosters, that I'm STILL mad! LOL! I'm so glad they are GONE!!!! ^_^

Cricket

4. Jezebelle

Jezebelle Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2007
    Pinnacle, NC
    organic...with no nasty stuff added to them, so much better for you and the kids anyways!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by