Did the same chicken lay these eggs?

sillyaboutchickens

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 16, 2009
NH
39202_img_9927.jpg

What do you think? Could the same chicken have layed the two greenish colored eggs? We got the very small one (on the end) yesterday and the larger one (in the middle) today. I saw the chicken that layed the larger egg today. We know she is laying greenish colored eggs and I didn't think the other EE/Ameraucanas were laying yet, but the eggs are so different in size and color. Can a single chicken's eggs be so variable from day to day?

Thanks for your opinions!

They could be but I doubt that they're laid by the same girl. one looks more blue and one is deffinatly green. My bet is on two different birds, lovely I'm still waiting on my EE's to start paying their rent.

The one we know is laying is about 24 weeks old. The others are only 18 1/2 weeks old. I am very excited to see what color eggs they will lay. I do kind of think one of them is laying, hence the tiny egg yesterday. Our big EE (24 weeks) has not layed an egg that small and if she layed an egg yesterday AND today, that would make 5 straight days in a row and 7 eggs in 9 days. That seems like a lot for a new girl (she just started laying last week).

I suppose patience and observance will reveal the anwers......but I want to know NOW!
yippiechickie.gif

I now have 3 out of 4 EE's laying, 2 of them the first this week. They are 28 weeks old. The other started a couple of weeks ago (at 26 weeks old). So... patience is called for
wink.png

We are frustrated at our house, as the May 25th hatch Ameraucanas are not yet laying! The Delawares, Sussex and Welsummers are all doing a good job, but we are unimpressed with the Ameraucanas at this point. Upped the protein and light which worked wonders on the others, but no change on the Ameraucanas.
hu.gif

Our 2 EE finally had a egg this week
big_smile.png
. That would make it 28 weeks of waiting for us. Our other girls red and black sex links have been at it for weeks now.

Joann, hang in there! It seems I have been reading from a lot of folks with EEs who have not started laying until 26-28 weeks. It could be any day now
big_smile.png
(or a couple more weeks).
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom