Did we buy a baby turkey? Also help ID pretty chick

Quote:
That would be a "snood".
big_smile.png

Here's a turkey chick for you...

turkeychick053007.jpg

I would say Mille Fleur on the little one, allthough, there does seem to be something a bit different about it.... oh well, I guess you will just have to post MORE pics as it grows!
big_smile.png

I have four like your first two pics from the "school hatch" *** Feathersite shows they MAY be Speckled Sussex chicks, definately the white speckles and NOT the lacing of a Partridge Rock...

Your bantam has feathered feet/legs so its a breed like a cochin? Do Mille's have feathered legs, too? I have 10 (and getting more this afternoon) fertile Mille banty eggs to put in the 'bater today...

Here's my four and will take better pics tonight as its easier to see now they are a bit bigger and older (I'd like to know what they are, too, I think I have 2 each of male and female):
Picture001-1.jpg
Edited to point to the two in top left corner (male/female?), bottom left (female?), and the (male?) at the water bowl- same as yours...

And, I'd also like to know what these black beauties are, their faces look like penquins and they have blue or green legs, too:
Picture001-2.jpg
The red one lying down in each pic is IMHO (in my humble opinion) one of two Red Broilers and their legs were going out on them this young.

***Please note these pics were from when the chicks were still at the school and I do NOT have them on a feed bag now and am aware the feed must be taken away at night from meat chicks which I will follow to the letter per instructions from where I have purchased my Cornish X chicks who are very strong so far, and will have ample room to exercise to stay as strong as possible their short lives***

Last edited:
Quote:
I think you need to go get a couple more, wouldnt want a LONELY turkey on your hands.

What's funny is the turkey's best buddy is the smallest serama chick I have.

turkeyserama-1.jpg

After searching further on Feathersite, I am coming to the conclusion we have Easter Eggers, Ameraucana's and/or Araucana's, after thinking and looking at all markings, legs, bottom of feet, etc., see:
http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGA/Arau/BRKArauChik.html

Was too tired to get a new pic of mine as I've been up till 2am 2 nites in a row shoveling sand and preparing a barn coop w/fence panels. Will post pic tonight.

The chipmunk ones could be Speckled Sussex, but those are pretty uncommon still. I think they are EEs. They may not lay green eggs, though. I had 4 just like these, and the eggs were only creamy white.

EasterEggers_.jpg

When grown, the look like Welsummers. I think your one with the comb may be a future roo.....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom