Did we buy a baby turkey? Also help ID pretty chick

I don't think it a Mille. Mine are 7 weeks old and have only a few spots. Course i could have oddballs seeing as a few other posters say theirs got spots almost immediately.

My Millie roo took 5 weeks to start getting his flowers. Seems he had a little more black on him, though. The big chunky feathers on the feet were the only give-away ... what do the feet look like?

Whatever they are, they make a bit different noises and I like their noises:) Also, the two that the legs were bad on, I put them in w/the baby cornishx and withheld feed over night the past 3 nights...they are standing and walking:D One gets a tiny shakey yet but their legs seem to be catching up to their bodies & weight so I am HAPPY I did not put them down and will see how it goes, day to day. All my cornishx and those two go out into a coop tomorrow to prepare for the next shipment to arrive sometime next week of 15 RIR pullet chicks and 15 cornishx chicks.

I'm so happy those two red chicks began walking again:)

Mine got spots with her first feathers that kinda faded away afterwards... I didn't know feathers did that, but hers did
tongue.png
Hoping they will all come back with her first real moult
big_smile.png
Anyhow, It does look d'Uccle-ish.... but there's something about the dark on it... looks more barred or laced than spotted
hu.gif
Please post more pics when it gets a bit older... I'm very curious to know what it is for sure!
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom