Did we do good or what?

chiknhut

Songster
11 Years
Jun 10, 2008
Winston County, Alabama
My DH ran across a guy that he hasn't seen in 2 years and they were talking poultry and stuff. My DH told him he was looking for a few turkeys to go with the lone one that we had. He tells my DH to come to his house and he would make him a deal. Of course, when he got back and told me I couldn't wait for the work day to be over with. Anywho, we go to his house and we purchased 4 turkeys (the father is a blue slate and beautiful, the mother looked like a mix of narragansett and ??). We paid $25.00 for the 4 turkeys that look between 6-8 weeks old. Plus he ask if we wanted the bantam chicks that he had (15 of them) for free. So guess what we are owners of now. I have never had bantams so I am gonna have to find out more bout them. BTW are they the same as bantys? I was excited and wanted to share.

Nemo

Songster
11 Years
Jul 22, 2008
N'rn Wisconsin
Yes, banty is a shortened version of bantam, which just means it is smaller than a normal sized chicken. They come in many of the same breeds.

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
Bantums are miniature sized chickens. Everything is the same except egg size. It takes 3 of theirs to equal 1 standard egg.

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
Banties are so cute!! That is all that I have, (besides a few standard OEG) and I wouldn't have it any other way! Have fun with those! I especially love the little roosters dance!

Top Bottom