Did we do good or what?

chiknhut

Songster
11 Years
Jun 10, 2008
Winston County, Alabama
My DH ran across a guy that he hasn't seen in 2 years and they were talking poultry and stuff. My DH told him he was looking for a few turkeys to go with the lone one that we had. He tells my DH to come to his house and he would make him a deal. Of course, when he got back and told me I couldn't wait for the work day to be over with. Anywho, we go to his house and we purchased 4 turkeys (the father is a blue slate and beautiful, the mother looked like a mix of narragansett and ??). We paid $25.00 for the 4 turkeys that look between 6-8 weeks old. Plus he ask if we wanted the bantam chicks that he had (15 of them) for free. So guess what we are owners of now. I have never had bantams so I am gonna have to find out more bout them. BTW are they the same as bantys? I was excited and wanted to share.

Coooooollllll!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
wee.gif

Yes, banty is a shortened version of bantam, which just means it is smaller than a normal sized chicken. They come in many of the same breeds.

Banties are so cute!! That is all that I have, (besides a few standard OEG) and I wouldn't have it any other way! Have fun with those! I especially love the little roosters dance!

Back
Top Bottom