Did we get what we paid for?

If they sold those birds as guaranteed females they should be ashamed of themselves and refund your money or swap them out. That much red/orange on the chest is a definite male. I only see one female (top in first pic) and the rest are males.

Some males do take a little longer to feather in, and mine typically start towards the bottom of the chest and work upwards. So some do still have speckles towards the neck at 4 weeks but the red/orange is a dead giveaway it's a boy.

I can sex my birds by one look nerd.
I can not guarantee what sex hatches out though.
A fast glance type look or a long look which could count as multiple looks?
@Everose I am in Houston.
Please look up Myshire's website...look specifically at his Pansy Fee birds and let me know if you want some that color.
im actually becoming a big fan of Falb fee and Italian the more I look at them.

My first batch (20 juvenile straight run) I had mostly browns and a few other colors like a silver pharoah, some tuxes, a white a gold and an italian. I LOVED that little italian. Sweetest one of the batch. First to smash her head in the roof two days after arrival.
I love how creative poultry are! Always thinking up new ways to die🤭.

We had a rooster that bowed up at a piece of plywood and then it fell on him and smooshed him😐. Also I heard that turkeys love to do a dramatic show of starving to death while drowning in food.

Kinda reminds me of tide pod eating humans 🤦

Anybody have a favorite quail recipe that a first time quail taster would love?
IF you love mushroom I have a great slow cooker recipe. Depending on how many quail you are cooking, to how many cans of condenced cream of mushroom soup to use. Put a layer of quail on the bottom of the pot, (at least 4 - 6 quail per can of soup). Spread condensed soup over quail. Alternate layers to how many quail you are cooking. Put slow cooker on low and in about 4 - 5 hours, you will have a great dinner. You can even put the finished product over rice, noodles, or bisquits.

Not true. I can feather sex my birds at 3 weeks.
Yes, but you're good at this. . .

It probably depends on what weird mutts are being created. I was totally taken by surprise by what came out of my Italian hen and Tibetan roo. Most of them looked female until just a few weeks ago (at about 7 weeks old), when they didn't. I suspected they were male and they crowed to confirm.

Orange/rust feathers came in late, and some of them have some female-looking speckling on the upper part of their chests.

Back
Top Bottom