Did you hear about some mayor's dogs being shot in his house????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reallllly shouldn't even step into this mess, but... it seems like there are always MANY things about ANY event that aren't released to the media and the general public. Though it's fine to discuss what we know about a particular event, we should be really, reallllly careful that we don't let it color our perception of people involved in similar situations. Not all SWAT members are trigger-happy, not all dog owners have obedient puppies, not all priests are child molesters, not all Afghani rebels are terrorists, etc, etc, ETC! Just take it on a case by case basis, calmly, rationally, and with all the information you can get. THEN act sensibly on your conclusions.

Now do that in a second and you could have the makings of a great peace officer.

I am going to agree to disagree on this thread and this will be my last post.

Before that I just want to clarify one point about the "No Knock" search warrant issue. I have served many search warrants that were "knock and announce" type (NOT a no knock). Upon approach to the house you are going to enter, if your approach is comprimised by someone at the residence seeing you and warning others of police presence or running back into the residence you do not still have to knock and announce before entering. You may enter the residence as if it were a No Knock for officer safety. Even on a No Knock officers announce POLICE as they enter to take the arguement away that they didn't know who knocked their door in.

I am not saying that happened in this case, its just a generalization. Again I make no judgements on what happened here because there is not enough information known. My original post was not meant to defend this situation but clear up some misinformation that was put out there.

mlheran your post was well stated.

Now back to talking about chickens.......
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I think police are underpayed and way underappreciated..how many on here would like to go to work and everyday have to make split second decision that could mean life or death?

They choose to be policemen...no one MAKES them

you should be glad they did. And choosing to do it doesnt make the job any less stressful or less dangerous.

BTW, I am not a cop, not married to a cop, no one in the family is a cop. I had a roomate years ago that was. It is true that the media doesnt get it right. My roomate would come home and tell me som facts about situations (destress) and the media would follow up with inaccurate ones, you are not always getting the truth........or the whole story.​

I'm naive and I don't know how these things work, but I'm so saddened by the whole thing.

How did a small package of marijuana become an issue for armed & shooting swat teams?

and I'm also sad by what seems like a breakdown in communication. We're not talking about Joe Citizen here, this was the Mayor. The respect for everyone seems so absent these days.

How I wish the police cheif could've just communicated with the mayor... what happened to those days...
hmm.png

Quote:
I didnt read the articles, but watched on quite a few channels (Baltimore ABC/CBS/NBC) it was not the towns police force that did the raid, the chief for that town is upset because he was not informed that the raid was gonna happen. If he had been informed, maybe he could have WARNED the mayor that a raid was about to occur.

This is way not about chickens or Other Pets and Livestock.

As the daughter of a law enforcement officer, I never ever judge in these situations. There is too much info not released to the public, like certain evidence that only the perp knows. And like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom